• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester 94AE Remodel

Ok. I can see it in the original and your quote but i reloaded it from desktop instead of a url....should be able to see it now.

Still gathering parts and checking initial fits. Struck out on the rings on the first go. Seems they are/maybe long out of production but I keep looking.....they'll turn up. In the meantime, the right bases came along, Redfields, threads in the receiver are fine and they lay in the same plane, so no shimming. My next to last set of old school and quite truly, Quick Detachable Sling Mounts. Been saving them for the right job. I hate the new ones, when ya want the daymn sling off the gun you don't need to be diddling with a small as heck plastic retention nut. And finally, 3.25" from the butt plate (far enough that the wood dosnt split out with use) a rear sling stud on a black spacer with proper QD sling mount. Now.....to go find them frickin rings........
001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG

Big score today. Last of the external parts arrived. First fit completed and next comes tear down, strip, blue and finish.
Genuine Winchester 94 Gold Buttplate screws, always good to stick with factory parts, even the small ones.
And, found em. Low Angle Loc rings, engraved. A quick study in scope mounting, this one a 1.5x4.5 power, just perfect in my opinion, but plenty of room for a 3x9 power and even a 50mm objective for those first and last light shots at deer.

001.JPG
butt.JPG
scope.JPG

Fitting and sealing the wrist. Acraglas bedding. Makes the fit skin tight, (important on a single screw attachment), minimizes movement and loosening over the years and helps keep the oils out of the end grain which eventually softens the wood. After a bit of clean up, hanging up for several hours until the epoxy kicks over.

005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

Back
Top Bottom