• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester 94AE Remodel

No master. I discovered ya could make it look like faded case colors just by rust bluing dirty straight from the sander, wipe down only. Slop that sauce on once, let it puddle and rust slow for 6 hours. Give it a boil and a good rub out and dad gum it looks like its 100....

No master. I discovered ya could make it look like faded case colors just by rust bluing dirty straight from the sander, wipe down only. Slop that sauce on once, let it puddle and rust slow for 6 hours. Give it a boil and a good rub out and dad gum it looks like its 100....
Anxious to see the outcome....

Got it together. Still gotta scope it in the AM. The black head screws and pins really set the action off. Just waiting on one screw for the front band to arrive. Photos as soon as I align the scope rings in the morning. For now, tired from a 3 hour cleaning and assembly session. Its always a self imposed hell putting them together without marking the wood or buggering a screw. Got through it okay tonight!

Waiting on one screw to finish the front barrel band and it'll be ready to shoot

004.JPG
005.JPG
006.JPG
007.JPG

I had to back track to find that one....lol.

Rifle looks great Sharps40 Sharps40 ..... as usual, if you aint happy with it just let me know, i can give her a good home :becky:

Thanks, had it out tonight after fitting the last screw into the front gold band. Fed and shot fine. Forend moved forward, so snugged it up at the forend band. Then snugged up the sling swivel mount and wammy! The sling swivel mount broke. Glad it happened in the shop. So, ordered another. Try to get her fixed up and shooting soon. Prolly a few more pics after the buffalo hide sling arrives.

Back
Top Bottom