• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Winchester Safe Electronic Keypad Failure

The dial lock can be changed to electronic and usually the reverse also. I would recommend a lagard 3000 keypad with a 4200 lock. A little over $100 but worth it. And if you want a dial lock get a good one.

UPDATE: Got my new keypad in the mail yesterday, plugged it in and popped a battery in it and it is good to go.

Did it have a new circuit board in it or did you have to use your old one? Just curious. Good to know you got it ironed out thought. Not being able to get to my babies would drive me up a wall.

Did it have a new circuit board in it or did you have to use your old one? Just curious. Good to know you got it ironed out thought. Not being able to get to my babies would drive me up a wall.
Had a new one in it. Literally just had to plug the new one in and put a battery in it and my old code worked.

I have given you some incorrect info. It wasn't the keypad that went out on mine. It was a little circuit board on the inside. The keypad was fine. When the circuit board came in I had to call in and they gave me a temporary code to use until I re-programmed my safe with my own pin. The pin number is saved in the circuit board. That will hold the number after you take the battery out. The keypad could be alright and might just be that little circuit board. It's about 1 inch by 2 inches or smaller and is pretty easy to replace. I would try that next.

“Temporary code” LOL

1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6

That’s the factory preset code, temporary code sounds like they gave the end user a fallback code which is a HUGE no, no because you don’t know that it’s actually their safe or even if it’s registered that they are actually releasing that info to the right person.

They should have required a licensed and bonded safesmith / locksmith to be on site.

He has a dead keypad, swapping it should at least open it (with his safes existing code) FYI his issue is a notorious Amsec issue, I love the lock but their keypads constantly take ****, I have 3-4 spare Amsec keypads.

S&G has had some issues, i personal like their newer stuff.

Interesting. I will keep that in mind.

Thats why I hate all that electronic chinese mumbo jumbo crap. Id like to find a smart phone with a rotary dial on it And new Smith and Wesson revolvers with no locks.
Here you go. Smart OR Flip.
a302d9aaf673a26ee2d8719ee19fd17e.jpg
85d65fb712a2771129bd46a72f26077c.jpg

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom