• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester Safe Electronic Keypad Failure

Thats why I hate all that electronic chinese mumbo jumbo crap. Id like to find a smart phone with a rotary dial on it And new Smith and Wesson revolvers with no locks.

I have helped twice as many members with serious dial issues as I have with serious E-lock problems.

Sir, if changing the keypad would open the lock, burglars would have a field day. No one is dumb enough to design one that way; the brains are INSIDE the safe.

Replace it with the American Security digital lock; it's more reliable than a mechanical, based on service call rates. Find the AmSec safe thread over at AR15.com in the Armory if you want an education. When my S&G got flaky, that's what I did. Took only a few minutes to swap; works great.

The S&Gs of a certain vintage are known to have problems. Probably cheap Chinese capacitors, as they fail in a few years (which is why your DVD player etc. died after five years), but I'm speculating.

Sir, if changing the keypad would open the lock, burglars would have a field day. No one is dumb enough to design one that way; the brains are INSIDE the safe.

Replace it with the American Security digital lock; it's more reliable than a mechanical, based on service call rates. Find the AmSec safe thread over at AR15.com in the Armory if you want an education. When my S&G got flaky, that's what I did. Took only a few minutes to swap; works great.

The S&Gs of a certain vintage are known to have problems. Probably cheap Chinese capacitors, as they fail in a few years (which is why your DVD player etc. died after five years), but I'm speculating.

He has a dead keypad, swapping it should at least open it (with his safes existing code) FYI his issue is a notorious Amsec issue, I love the lock but their keypads constantly take ****, I have 3-4 spare Amsec keypads.

S&G has had some issues, i personal like their newer stuff.

He has a dead keypad, swapping it should at least open it (with his safes existing code) FYI his issue is a notorious Amsec issue, I love the lock but their keypads constantly take ****, I have 3-4 spare Amsec keypads.

S&G has had some issues, i personal like their newer stuff.

I appreciate you talking me through it the other night. I called Winchester yesterday and even though I am a few weeks out of the 2 year lock/keypad warranty they are honoring it and sending me a new keypad. Been putting the battery in and trying it periodically with no luck, so going to take your advice and run up to Tractor Supply today to see if they will let me borrow a keypad for 20 mins so I can at least get it open why I wait for the new part.

Back
Top Bottom