Winchester safe from Tractor Supply

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   0
Reaction score
Saw their sale flyer... swing by and got a small Winchester 10 gun safe for $289 to tuck away in a closest. Not the best, but the access will be limited for some one to break in. Mostly for deterrence... wouldn't count on it keeping someone out with time to work it over.

This is the one: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...ranite-safe-with-electronic-lock?cm_vc=-10005

Poopie reviews... but it is what it is.

But anyways... I pay. They pull one from the back and I load it up and go.

Get it home and realize there's no paperwork on the thing (should their be)? Google instructions and see the factory default code is 1-2-3-4-5-6.

Tried it... doesn't work. Just gives me 3 beeps and doesn't unlock.

Anyone have an idea of what's up? Trying to see if I can figure it out before calling Winchester when they open Monday.

If defective, I'll just take it back. Trying to make sure I'm not doing something wrong.

When I bought mine it would not lock till you took out a set screw. This was a larger Winchester safe though. The default was 123456 in mine as well.

image.jpeg

When I bought mine it would not lock till you took out a set screw. This was a larger Winchester safe though. The default was 123456 in mine as well.
I saw that notation in the online instructions. My problem is opposite. 123456 doesn't open it.

Perhaps it was a display and someone messed with the combo? I didn't think they could lock at all brand new unless the set screw was removed.
They had a display on the floor. I saw this one wheeled from the back. Guess it doesn't mean it wasn't on the floor previously.

Back
Top Bottom