Window World vs Window Source vs Home Depot vs ???? - replacement windows

Check Home Depot, they can custom order Anderson window down to 1/4". It's a little work but once you do the first one, the rest are easy.
Changed mine out about 10 years ago, double pane, argon and all that good stuff. Saved about 10k by doing it myself. Total cost of the windows were about 3000-3500.

Would or will be about 3x that now???

Looking to replace 8 old wooden single pane windows in my house which was built in the 50's. Anyone used any of the companies in the Athens area or any other recommendations? Two estimates from W.W. and W.S. are right around the $3k range. Home Depot coming for estimate tomorrow . . .

View attachment 1247468
I would recommend that place i used just outside houston texas. They are called conservation construction of houston. I think they have other locations in texas, but they did a great job with my windows, had a great price, and the installation was simple. Not to mention the windows are amazing. They are really easy to use and they seem very durable.

If you're the least bit handyman you can do it yourself

They make windows just for retrofitting into existing frames
They are just slightly smaller than the existing hole

Spend some time on YouTube and you will see how easy it is

I just replaced all of them in the roundhouse
They are 5 feet tall and 7 feet wide

We used fiberglass Windows from Homo depot
Can't remember the brand name but I think it was the cheapest andersens they could get that were available in dark brown

If you're using white and your windows are a normal size it will be very easy to find

Those windows should be about $100-125 each plus the wood for new trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second this - replaced one i got from HD, a real piece of cake to do, good instrucltions - cost about 100 per window.

Back
Top Bottom