• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Working with women.

I don't think it's only a woman thing. I've worked at places that were predominately male, and there was still gossip and drama. I *REALLY* do my best to separate myself from getting caught up in all of that. Nothing productive ever comes from that environment.

Yeah. Previous job had me supervise a bunch of them. One would come to the office and said another had a problem with her and asked if I knew anything about it. I told her how would I know. Sent her out and said dont come back until you find out if there is a problem and handle it. That didnt go well. They fought and one got fired. Well on second thought, maybe it did end well after all...

I once worked in a large sewing factory. I hit a deer on the way to work one morning, denting my fender a little. I told a few of the women about it when I got to work. By the end of the day, the talk going around the plant was that I had hit 3 deer, ran off the road and flipped my car.

I don't think I'd say most the women I work around are drama queens, no more or less than the men. It's an office job. However, given enough women, some of them who are sub-par performers are quick to blame sexism as an excuse. It makes me leery of dealing with a few of them.

I don't think I'd say most the women I work around are drama queens, no more or less than the men. It's an office job. However, given enough women, some of them who are sub-par performers are quick to blame sexism as an excuse. It makes me leery of dealing with a few of them.
Say it again! I can't tell you how bad a feeling it is to try and make yourself small just to avoid the possibility of accusations. There was one young chick (19 or 20) that would pinch my ass and wink at me and all that crap. She never did stop. One day she did something to the effect of pushing me into a supply closet and another employee saw. Thankfully that employee was a man and he vouched for me when I finallly went to the head honcho about the sexual assaults.

Mostly women at my workplace...most of the work done here is in teams of 2 or more....i work by myself 99.9999 %of the time....i can't stand drama...but I gotta say this management has weeded out most of drama queens....but we've still got the brown noisers....those are the ones that can't keep a job without telling their boss how smart she is

Back
Top Bottom