• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Working with women.

Say it again! I can't tell you how bad a feeling it is to try and make yourself small just to avoid the possibility of accusations. There was one young chick (19 or 20) that would pinch my ass and wink at me and all that crap. She never did stop. One day she did something to the effect of pushing me into a supply closet and another employee saw. Thankfully that employee was a man and he vouched for me when I finallly went to the head honcho about the sexual assaults.
Was she hot?

Women bring drama to the workplace, you say?
I think this statement is more true about women than men, although it's not true for every person or seen at every workplace. Here's my take on it (an overly broad generalization, of course):

WOMEN SEE THEIR WORK AS A SOCIAL THING WHERE THEIR CO-WORKERS AND BOSSES ARE THE MAIN FOCUS OF THEIR WORKDAY. Getting along with them, or righteously feuding with them when provoked, is what they think about all the time. The substance of the job is just the vehicle by which the personal interactions are created and maintained, and "the work to be done" is just the raw material from which the final product (office harmony or winning a feud against a rival) is eventually made.

MEN SEE THE JOB TO BE DONE AS THE MAIN THING, and they only care about personal relationships to the extent that they need somebody else's input to get the job done.

Women bring drama to the workplace, you say?
I think this statement is more true about women than men, although it's not true for every person or seen at every workplace. Here's my take on it (an overly broad generalization, of course):

WOMEN SEE THEIR WORK AS A SOCIAL THING WHERE THEIR CO-WORKERS AND BOSSES ARE THE MAIN FOCUS OF THEIR WORKDAY. Getting along with them, or righteously feuding with them when provoked, is what they think about all the time. The substance of the job is just the vehicle by which the personal interactions are created and maintained, and "the work to be done" is just the raw material from which the final product (office harmony or winning a feud against a rival) is eventually made.

MEN SEE THE JOB TO BE DONE AS THE MAIN THING, and they only care about personal relationships to the extent that they need somebody else's input to get the job done.
PLEASE publish that! Too accurate.

I can't be the only one who has this problem. I work for an extension of Piedmont directly with 3 surgeons. Office staff is 15 strong, 3 male surgeons, 2 male techs, and 1 male me. It is a freaking nightmare coming in to work and constantly being harangued into acknowledging all the petty, childish dramatics that women bring into the workplace. I didn't hear so and so say such and such. No she did not look at you funny. If you feel that way about her, go tell HER that. Okay the patient is musty; if I was 80 I wouldn't wear old spice either! I lose so much time out of my day trying to drown out the sound of gab and gossip. I am audiologically assaulted with the personal problems of my coworkers that were not raised to believe should be PRIVATE. Rant over. Just tired of feeling like I work in a daycare.

I feel certain that in today's snowflake feelings hurt world you should be able to file a complaint with HR and obtain an attorney for being audiologically assaulted in an office environment. Sue those involved and the organization for allowing that type of work environment. Collect a fat check and retire from the work force in style.

I feel certain that in today's snowflake feelings hurt world you should be able to file a complaint with HR and obtain an attorney for being audiologically assaulted in an office environment. Sue those involved and the organization for allowing that type of work environment. Collect a fat check and retire from the work force in style.
I'm sure my settlement would be a free pair of earmuffs!

You think it's hard working with Women in the civilian world. In, the Military when you get females assigned to your unit, you better hope she's on top of her game. Because, if she turns out to be a Real Ho, and starts sleeping with your Squad mates your f---ked. Because the guys she sleeps with will have there own informal groups, and your unit cohesiveness is SHOT TO HELL!! I will not talk about Fake rapes, women problems when they need to work, crying Im Pregnant when it's Deployment time, not wanting to work because they had a argument with there boyfriend. And, the minute you put them in there place. They REPORT you to Social Actions( Military Investigation Team), so now you are investigated when you are cleared the girl in question has moved on to another unit. Not, all women are like the one I describe but the Young Hot Ones are always TROUBLE!

The military has swung so far left it's hard to recognize it. Most things are considered hazing for hurting someone's feelings. A petty officer I work with was investigated and went to XOI (XO's mast for the uninitiated) because he told one of his junior sailors "you are being retarded". This was while the junior sailor couldn't understand how sound powered phones worked. The sailor cried and they said this petty officer was hazing the poor little boy. Not allowed to call non qualified submariners "NUBS" non qualified useless bodies, because it hurts their feelings. So glad I retired before all of this.

The military has swung so far left it's hard to recognize it. Most things are considered hazing for hurting someone's feelings. A petty officer I work with was investigated and went to XOI (XO's mast for the uninitiated) because he told one of his junior sailors "you are being retarded". This was while the junior sailor couldn't understand how sound powered phones worked. The sailor cried and they said this petty officer was hazing the poor little boy. Not allowed to call non qualified submariners "NUBS" non qualified useless bodies, because it hurts their feelings. So glad I retired before all of this.
My brother is a YN3 on the Nimitz. He had to put some bass in his voice when one of his suboordinates (who happened to be a homosexual) fouled something up. He was an toe hair away from seeing repercussions. His boss had him SHAKE HANDS and APOLOGIZE to the guy. Like kids. When did it become a bad thing to not be like Bob Ross all the time?

Back
Top Bottom