• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Would it be against the forum rules.....

I feel as though I have to apologize to the OP. To laugh out loud at the OPs serious or semi serious thread is not being kind, so I apologize. This thread and the comments have me rolling. There were several thoughtful posts B Byrds post hit the nail on the head, and soviets post was very accurate. But really, a link to a thread rating people's ad? Really? Why would I think anyone who posts on that link would have any better idea of pricing than the originator of the ad? What makes YOU the expert? It is hilarious to think of the train wreck that link would be. To anyone who feels that another members ad is out of line on price here is what to do.... Take a deep breath, count to 10, and hit the back button. It really is none of your business, regardless of how stupid the price is. The has always been very simple, if the price is too high, don't buy.
i consider it spam sorta

one unapologetic dildo of a seller has been reposting the same ad for the same merch that he still hasnt sold due to his outrageous and asinine pricing

its kinda the same affect of me listing every gun i own at double or triple the amount and continuing to repost it, after a while it just becomes clutter

I feel as though I have to apologize to the OP. To laugh out loud at the OPs serious or semi serious thread is not being kind, so I apologize. This thread and the comments have me rolling. There were several thoughtful posts B Byrds post hit the nail on the head, and soviets post was very accurate. But really, a link to a thread rating people's ad? Really? Why would I think anyone who posts on that link would have any better idea of pricing than the originator of the ad? What makes YOU the expert? It is hilarious to think of the train wreck that link would be. To anyone who feels that another members ad is out of line on price here is what to do.... Take a deep breath, count to 10, and hit the back button. It really is none of your business, regardless of how stupid the price is. The has always been very simple, if the price is too high, don't buy.
JWC,
I've lost count of how many people recently have said "I'm new to shooting" on these boards. They come here, presumably like most, expecting to find a trading place of like minded enthusiasts to help them out. They get their first 10/22 (or whatever) go to Walmart (or wherever) and can't find anything then come here and see it for sale at THREE TIMES+ the shelf price. I'm not an expert on ammo pricing (or anything else). I do have a clue about idiots screwing up the market though. Rating the thread is an effort to HELP those not knowing. Given the rules, if nothing else it's a vent. I don't care if someone wants to ask 5 times what grandpa's old shotgun is worth but when you interject yourself in the supply chain into something NONE OF US can get around (I can't load rimfire ammo) and seek to profit on a shortage you are helping to cause at the EXPENSE of new enthusiasts (I'm fairly confident none of them are making a dime off of you or I).... well.... you are a dirt bag that I'd personally wish were NOT a part of the gun community nor do I ever care to do business with you (hence my comment about my first person on ignore for that).
I get some people have zero problem with ammo scalpers creating and profiting from a self made 'shortage'. I do and don't want new enthusiasts being taken blatant advantage. The fact even one single kid has fired ONE round less due to these idiots frosts me to no end.
If nothing else it was humurous for you (and possibly others) as you've pointed out so that has some value.

GeauxLSU, I feel sure your heart is in the right place, and you feel that a link would help those who really do not know. However, have you not seen how our members act when a chance to show their intelligence is afforded them? Can you just imagine how that link would be full of "I know more than you, I am better than you, and then it would morph into why buy that gun anyway it sucks, why believe as you do about anything, the government sucks, it is a conspiracy, and finally where are the tin foil hats? So spare me from those who constantly post that they are more informed, more educated, and more important than anyone else on this site. I bet, GEAUXLSU, that you can think of a couple of members who would be the first to assert their superiority. Yep, those are the ones.

GeauxLSU, I feel sure your heart is in the right place, and you feel that a link would help those who really do not know. However, have you not seen how our members act when a chance to show their intelligence is afforded them? Can you just imagine how that link would be full of "I know more than you, I am better than you, and then it would morph into why buy that gun anyway it sucks, why believe as you do about anything, the government sucks, it is a conspiracy, and finally where are the tin foil hats? So spare me from those who constantly post that they are more informed, more educated, and more important than anyone else on this site. I bet, GEAUXLSU, that you can think of a couple of members who would be the first to assert their superiority. Yep, those are the ones.

true except opinion has very little to do with common sense pricing

I get your point (believe me) but my OP simply asked for a link to threads to go and rate them. That's it. No commentary (to avoid exactly what you are describing). The point being if a newbie sees an ad with $0.15 round .22lr and the thread is rated as one star, he/she might think "Hmmm... apparently I need to keep looking".
Reality is the ratings are so hard to find it would be of limited use. Again, I admit, it's more a form of silent venting than anything else.

Don't tell me that you are going to try and govern common sense!!!!!! hahahahahaha! That would make a lot of our members very nervous! hahahahahahahaha!

im not going to govern anything. im going to continue to have the exact same opinion i have always had on flippers, and that is that they suck and are on my ignore list

i think i may post my ignore list some day, its super long

What good does it do to rate a thread? As far as I know, there's no visual way to see whether a thread if rated positive or negative. I know I must be spending too much time on here because I get aggravated going into threads only to see ridiculous prices, and have no way of letting others know they shouldn't bother clicking on the posting. I've "bitten my tongue" a million times and resisted the urge to leave a negative comment on a posting since I know it would be against the rules. Maybe a simple thumbs up/thumbs down rating system that would display the # of votes each way on the "new posts" page would give us an upfront filter. If I'm just missing how rating a thread currently does anything, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom