• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

Would you shoot a dog that was attacking you?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
So you are saying that you are mad because a 16 year old "boy" had a knife(which is illegal to my understanding) ran from the police(which is also illegal....to my understanding) stabbed a police dog(which again I would assume is illegal) and then proceeded to fight the police and in-turn stab/cut an officer(which I know to be illegal...from my understanding.)

Yep---that about sums it up

Yes and I have. Many years ago was bitten by a Shepard in my right hand, left arm and left leg. Put three in him with my left arm then put ten more with my right (just to make sure). Lucky for me rabies shots were up to date, and no permanent damage. Will shoot a little faster now.

Btw....I love Shepards, just ran into a mean one.

I answered a call to a domestic years ago, their big azz mixed breed Dog came around the side of their house and rushed me. I heard from others, he had attacked people before, I wacked him in the head with a PR24 (nightstick) and he went out cold. two weeks later, back to the same address (they just loved to fight) Again the Dog looked around the corner of the house and saw me and came out slow, started wagging his tail, came up slow, sniffed my hand then licked it. We became best of friends after that (glad I didn't have to shoot him) The Bums moved away after a year and left him, but a neighbor took him, and said he was the best dog he ever had, maybe he just needed an attitude adjustment or the other family just rubbed off on him.

So you are saying that you are mad because a 16 year old "boy" had a knife(which is illegal to my understanding) ran from the police(which is also illegal....to my understanding) stabbed a police dog(which again I would assume is illegal) and then proceeded to fight the police and in-turn stab/cut an officer(which I know to be illegal...from my understanding.)
I'm not mad at all. It just got me thinking about the hypocrisy of sicking a dog on someone and then punishing them for defending themselves.

I'm not mad at all. It just got me thinking about the hypocrisy of sicking a dog on someone and then punishing them for defending themselves.

"Now look fella...the LAW is the LAW! Unnerstand? If he didn't have the knife there wouldn't have been a problem!"

Don-Knotts--C10042352.jpg

I need to apologize and correct the scenario. He was chased because there had beed a "suspected robbery", whatever that means. The article does not say that he was either convicted of or even charged with a robbery, but the original event leading to the. Chase was tge "suspected robbery ". Also along with the knife, he was in possession of an "immitation firearm".

The knife was a 12" hunting knife, about which the article says "It was stated by the PC that the suspect brandished "the largest knife" he had ever seen...". I've cut steaks with knives that length in restaurants.

The "stab wound " the PC received was a 1 centimeter cut, received while deflecting a cut from the dog. Realy? 1 WHOLE centimeter? OMG! Why that's ALMOST 10 MILLIMETERS! lol

Kid was in the wrong, absolutely. I still can't faulthim or anyone else who defends themselves against a dog attack. No matter who the dog belongs to.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teenager-stabbed-police-dog-pc-220755412.html

Back
Top Bottom