• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wrangler vs F150

Trex33

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
I’ve been driving a 2015 Wrangler Unlimited for a year and I love driving it...especially with the top down. My only issue is that I’m an outside sales rep who drives over 30k miles a year. I’ve noticed that after a long week of driving I do feel a little more beat up than I did in my car before Jeep. Several other reps at my company drive F150s and they swear by them.

I understand I’m not comparing apples to apples but I’m curious if anyone has made the move from one to the other? I’m afraid I’ll miss the open air driving of Jeep, but wonder if over time the comfort and safety of F150 would trump the fun factor. Your thoughts?

That's an interesting question... there are so many options to consider. If youre uncomfortable in your jeep you should get something else. What else do you need the car for? A wrangler is not ideal for fighting traffic or logging highway miles. To me there is not a huge fun factor in driving a jeep on the road for very long. Do you need a full size truck? There are more comfortable vehicles (although the $70k f150s are pretty comfy nowadays.). Is it just a work vehicle?

You mention safety & I laught, but not really. I had a uncle that was killed in a wreck last Wednesday. His son was driving his 2017 F150 & was stopped at a "work zone". The lady, in a small Chevy SUV, that hit them was running 60-65, according to the police. They rolled several times. The seatbelts did their jobs but the seat backs broke in the collision. Also none of the airbags deployed. He died on the way to the hospital.
Both of the men involved sold Ford vehicles for a living. Not sure my cousin is still a firm believer in them.
My point is just because its a "big truck" doesn't mean it will protect you in the event of a accident.

I'd be looking for something more comfortable than a jeep and better mpg

Unless you haul around a lot of samples or need the space a Prius or volt or something that gets 50 mpg would be nice
Otherwise it's a tough decision
There's a lot of cars and trucks to choose from

If you want a truck I'd test drive a tundra
I've driven silverados, 150s and tundras and the tundra is by far the largest , most comfortable and most powerful and got the best mpg

The new 1/2 ton silverados apparently get super mpg though ,my brother has. 1/2 ton 4wd crew and he says it's gets 18-21 mpg

Back
Top Bottom