WTB complete reloading system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atliens

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
14   0
Reaction score
Where do I start... I would love it if someone had a setup with tools and accessories for sale they no longer use. But likely I will just need to order everything. Primarily loading 9,45 and 5.56...

What do you think about the Hornady Lock N Load AP?

If its just pistol ammo buy a progressive but take your time with it and learn all the little quirks. Dillon makes one of the better presses if you don't mind spending the money, buy as cheap as you can buy 9mm and 223 it will be a long time till you save any money

You know bud I have never recommended a progressive press for someone new to reloading.
There's too much going on and it causes a lot of frustration and often broken parts.

And it's one thing if you were going to just reload for the handguns, it's another layer of complexity when you're reloading for the rifle.

I'll say this, I bought a turret press decades ago to start with, with every intention of buying a progressive when I felt I had some experience. I did buy a progressive, buy a decade later, the turret press is still the most used press at my place.

I've taught a lot of guys how to reload and I'll help you, but PM me and we can handle it there.

What ^^^ he said...
Start small, learn it, learn the process, then if you want to move on to progressive presses (and is you really shoot enough to warrant it) you'll know when it's working properly. So much can go wrong, you'd be better off keeping it simple when you start out.

What ^^^ he said...
Start small, learn it, learn the process, then if you want to move on to progressive presses (and is you really shoot enough to warrant it) you'll know when it's working properly. So much can go wrong, you'd be better off keeping it simple when you start out.
^^^^^^^^
What he said........
I started with a rcbs somewhere back in the late 70's. I still have it and use it to work up new loads. After that I switch over to my Dillon 650, but you have to pay attention to detail.....to much going on and one distraction...boom...or you have one stuck in the barrel (no powder). Start single and work up to a progressive, can't go wrong with a Dillon.

I started on a RCBS Rock chucker 35 years ago. I still have it. Now I also have 3 Dillon presses to go along side it. The progressive is great but the cost to add a caliber each time can get expensive. With the single stage press all you need to add a caliber is the dies. If you intend to load thousands of rounds each year of the same caliber then a progressive makes since. If you are only loading a few hundred at a time then go with a single stage or turret press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom