• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

WTF PepBoys????

They drained the oil and forgot to fill it up and ran it...that's what happened.

This...^^^...

They logged the miles when they checked you in. Check that. *Edit- didn't read where miles was verified as driven.

They are 100% responsible for the damage and repair. Hell, PEP Boys buys at least 2-3 motors per week Nationwide. Happens all the time.

Plus, ask to see the shops video surveillance cameras inside and outside.

Also, if your car is a manual transmission, there is the chance your car was used to teach another employee how to drive manual. Seen that before as well- a lot!

Now you know why I haven't set foot in that PEP boys in probably 25 years. Their parts suck. They hosed me on some of their own tires right after they opened, and I haven't been back.

Too many good mechanics in Athens,

Has this issue come up over the years and the most common cause was not forgetting to put the oil in, but not properly tightening the drain plug or stripping it from over tightening. Chevy dealership didn't tighten one, oil leaked out, brand new crate motor was trashed, they fought tooth and nail to not replace the replacement motor. Blamed it on an imaginary boyfriend of the owner.

A friend mine rode a new Chevy S-10 that was still under warranty " a few hundred miles overdue " for a oil change. Truck was knocking and dealer refused to work on it. My friend demanded a new motor because he had a warranty. Dealer denied it and said based on the sludge in the oil he was negligent for not changing the oil on the recommended interval. Friend cussed them out and said he did. Dealer asked for oil change receipts from the shop that changed the oil OR from the parts store he bought the oil /filter from OR from his credit card records. Friend produced nothing. Shop hired an chemical engineer that said the oil had to have not been changed over 2500 miles beyond the recommended interval. New motor denied. He ended up buying a new truck and the balance he owed on the one he blew up was added to his loan.

Back
Top Bottom