• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yay! Obama’s Executive Orders Make It Easier To Get Machine Guns

araomd

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
59   0
Reaction score
http://bearingarms.com/sound-fury-signifying-nothing-rundown-obamas-executive-orders/

Sooooo....say I want to protect myself from getting into trouble and I go through all the hassle of getting an FFL 1 for the few sales I do per year, per our Dear Leaders new intentions.

...and while I am doing that anyway and I go ahead with the hassle of getting an SOT 3...

Does that mean that I can buy full auto pre samples??

Before the new rules, word is the ATF said you really had to show you license was a "real business" and would come after you if you did not have enough sales, but now they want the occasional sale at a profit to count as a real business?

http://bearingarms.com/sound-fury-signifying-nothing-rundown-obamas-executive-orders/

Sooooo....say I want to protect myself from getting into trouble and I go through all the hassle of getting an FFL 1 for the few sales I do per year, per our Dear Leaders new intentions.

...and while I am doing that anyway and I go ahead with the hassle of getting an SOT 3...

Before the new rules, word is the ATF said you really had to show you license was a "real business" and would come after you if you did not have enough sales, but now they want the occasional sale at a profit to count as a real business?
Not that simple. Im not the pro @Nonliberal would know better. But you would either need a demo letter for it or become a manufacturer of machineguns which is a different license.

If we could get the gun owners to contact their congressional reps and tell them we will no longer vote for anyone who doesn't follow the second as written, I bet we could do away with the nfa altogether

LOL. No. You really think they are going to grant even more Class 1 licenses? Remember the intent here is to control and limit gun sales.

Actually this guy is on to something. Prior to the EA one must prove they are a legitimate business to get an ffl, you couldn't get one if you were just looking to enhance your collection by buying and selling guns.

Now it is worded you must get one, no longer need to be a legitimate business. I am going to send in an FFL application for myself in the morning. I will make clear that I am not a legitimate business, but want to follow the letter of the law so I MUST get an FFL.

Way to go Obama. You just made it easier for everyone to get a FFL.

I think I will encourage every gun owner I know to get the FFL.

Last edited:
Pre-mays are expensive, but not as expensive as transferable examples. Pre-mays are a bit of a oddity on their own since they were imports.

Weird fact. pre-may MP5's were under $10K 2 years ago. After a magazine made light that these are the only factory made MP5's you'll own in the US, they soared to $15K and up overnight.

Back
Top Bottom