• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Yet another.. what suppressor is best for me thread...

Dirty J

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
344   0
Reaction score
I know these get posted just about every freaking day... and I hate to do it again... but I've read many of those threads and I'm still not sure what will work best for my scenario.

Here's the potential hosts:
- 16"bbl 5.56 AR-15
- 10.5"bbl 5.56 AR-15 SBR
- CZ Scorpion 9mm
- 9mm Glocks

I'm seriously considering also getting a 300blk upper for the SBR

Am I stretching too far for a "do all" can, that can cover all of those? Any can recommended for this?

Anything that can do 5.56, will likely be a beast on my Glocks... Way too big!

If I took the Glocks out of the equation and focused just on 5.56, 300blk and the Cz Scorpion, would that dramatically change things? The Scorpion would do a bit better on handling a heavier rifle can... What's recommended here?

What if I skipped 5.56 and focused on a can that did 300blk subsonic and 9mm?

Sorry for the ton of questions... want to get the best bang for my buck.

Im new to the class 3 scene but I would say get a 5.56 can and 9mm can. 5.56 is hard to suppress so you're gonna want as small of a baffle diameter as you can get with that as opposed to buying a larger do-all can. Just get a good 9mm pistol can and you can shoot 300blk through that.

Just buy a Silencerco Specwar &.62 to cover your rifles, and are you only suppressing 45?

If so but a 45 can like the AAC Ti-Rant 45 and cover both 9mm and 45

No 45acp.

Only 9mm, 5.56 and possibly 300blk

Then I would just buy two cans, I don't know of any can that could work on the pistol (weight wise) but could handle the pressures of the 5.56.

Trust me 300 suppressed is great so I would buy a 30 cal can for the 300Blk and 5.56 and then buy a nice 9mm can strictly for your pistol.

I like the Specwar 7.62 and for 9mm you can't go wrong with any on the market.

If I were you I'd look at the Silencerco Saker 7.62. It can handle 300blk and suppresses 5.56 really well with the 5.56 end cap. Then go and get an Octane 9 can for your pistols and CZ.

I haven't been following the Mystic but most if not all rifle cans are sealed and thus aren't user serviceable. IIRC its because of the high pressure of rifle rounds vs pistol calibers.

If I were you I'd look at the Silencerco Saker 7.62. It can handle 300blk and suppresses 5.56 really well with the 5.56 end cap. Then go and get an Octane 9 can for your pistols and CZ.

I haven't been following the Mystic but most if not all rifle cans are sealed and thus aren't user serviceable. IIRC its because of the high pressure of rifle rounds vs pistol calibers.

The Silencerco Omega had a changeable end cap for 5.56 and 7.62 along with a direct thread mount and a muzzle device mount.

Back
Top Bottom