• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know this **** is getting old.

As much as I hate to say it, coach is probably right. If it were to pass the first time homie uses one and it winds up at a crime scene, they would be hell bent on permanently prohibiting nfa items.

Thugs can easily make a can in less than an hour today, what makes anyone think they will buy legal cans if this law passes.

These are the same arguments used when handguns were to be banned (the original intent of the NFA law, resurrected attempted by Nixon, as well).

How about REAL punishment for law breakers?

As much as I hate to say it, coach is probably right. If it were to pass the first time homie uses one and it winds up at a crime scene, they would be hell bent on permanently prohibiting nfa items.

How would a can have any impact on crime in Chicago? Those animals don't give a damn if someone hears their gun shots. A can would actually make it harder to conceal their illegal weapons and could possibly lead to quicker identification of a gun man. The argument for the stamp and wait time is old and tired, sort of like gun control in Chicago. I hope some sort of common sense change will come about but I doubt it will.

How many times do we need to go through 6 month waits and background investigations for cans and sbrs and such.
Why not just do it one time and then buy stamps every time you want a new toy without the wait?
What! You want the government to be EFFICIENT?

How would a can have any impact on crime in Chicago? Those animals don't give a damn if someone hears their gun shots. A can would actually make it harder to conceal their illegal weapons and could possibly lead to quicker identification of a gun man. The argument for the stamp and wait time is old and tired, sort of like gun control in Chicago. I hope some sort of common sense change will come about but I doubt it will.

I am more concerned about night riding poachers. But not so worried that I believe cans should be NFA items. They should be as easy to obtain as safety glasses or ear plugs.

I am more concerned about night riding poachers. But not so worried that I believe cans should be NFA items. They should be as easy to obtain as safety glasses or ear plugs.

Poachers are not a problem, just a localized annoyance. Not a reason to permanently destroy the hearing of law abiding citizens. Thieves, murders and rapists are a problem, not poachers, but concern about poachers makes it impossible for the average hunter to get a protective device in a reasonable amount of time.

And, yes, cans should be as available and easy to buy as ammo.

Thugs can easily make a can in less than an hour today, what makes anyone think they will buy legal cans if this law passes.

These are the same arguments used when handguns were to be banned (the original intent of the NFA law, resurrected attempted by Nixon, as well).

How about REAL punishment for law breakers?

I agree about the punishments, but most of those people don't have either the skills, or inclination, to build a can. However, if they were as freely available as guns, and become the new 'thing to have' I agree the first crime will result in an outcry.

The libs might even let it pass so they can demand a total ban on the back end.

HPA - no way will that pass. And I understand it's benefits and how it works in Europe for hunting. I own several cans. Europe doesn't have cities like Chicago. And while it doesn't bother me in the least when the thugs kill eachother, IMHO allowing cans to be easily purchased and distributed will be catastrophic and will never be allowed. Imagine the vermin gang members having supressed 22lr? I don't care if the law allows for police to execute anyone on the spot for committing a crime with a suppressor, although that would be super cool. HPA ain't never gonna happen in the Great Melting Pot of the USA. The bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch.
You don't think Europe has cities like Chicago? Large urban areas are pretty much the same all over the world.

Back
Top Bottom