• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

You know this **** is getting old.

HPA - no way will that pass. And I understand it's benefits and how it works in Europe for hunting. I own several cans. Europe doesn't have cities like Chicago. And while it doesn't bother me in the least when the thugs kill eachother, IMHO allowing cans to be easily purchased and distributed will be catastrophic and will never be allowed. Imagine the vermin gang members having supressed 22lr? I don't care if the law allows for police to execute anyone on the spot for committing a crime with a suppressor, although that would be super cool. HPA ain't never gonna happen in the Great Melting Pot of the USA. The bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch.

I'm not buying the argue that it will have an effect on increased crime. I'd bet money that no thug in Chicago thinks to himself "I can't pull the trigger because my gun would be too loud."

Also who would be able to afford another $200-1000 on a suppressor? Do you know how many guns that could buy?

HPA - no way will that pass. And I understand it's benefits and how it works in Europe for hunting. I own several cans. Europe doesn't have cities like Chicago. And while it doesn't bother me in the least when the thugs kill eachother, IMHO allowing cans to be easily purchased and distributed will be catastrophic and will never be allowed. Imagine the vermin gang members having supressed 22lr? I don't care if the law allows for police to execute anyone on the spot for committing a crime with a suppressor, although that would be super cool. HPA ain't never gonna happen in the Great Melting Pot of the USA. The bad apples will spoil it for the whole bunch.
So basically you think when one person does something wrong everyone should be punished?
If they would enforce the laws on the books and keep the right people in jail and the right people out, and further more stop making a culture that encourages and romanticized thugs and drugs and "gang bangers" we wouldn't have to worry.. Besides I'm not worried about those people they won't even know how to attach a can anyways

I agree about the punishments, but most of those people don't have either the skills, or inclination, to build a can. However, if they were as freely available as guns, and become the new 'thing to have' I agree the first crime will result in an outcry.

The libs might even let it pass so they can demand a total ban on the back end.
I don't know bout that.........some of'em are self trained chemists. Cans Won't Change Crime! imo

1. I don't advocate restricting a freedom based on how a criminal will abuse it.

2. It is already illegal for felons to own guns yet they somehow get them. Silencers are no different. If Thuggy McThug wants to silence his .22, he will steal a silencer or youtube "homemade silencer."

I have my doubts about the HPA passing but The BATFE could streamline the process. The FFL could file the paperwork, run a NICS check, collect $200, and hand over the silencer. At the worst, a buyer could get stuck with a 72 hour hold.

It sucks too pay the bs 200 bucks, but you are right. I'd be all in if they did what you said.

Back
Top Bottom