Your family heirloom firearms . Tell us about them :)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Grandfathers almost twin .38s&w lemon squeezes my son and I bought the box at a yard sale and we cut the foam to fit. Not finished yet I want to find a S&W emblem to seat in the middle and cut 10 slots for the bullets to sit

The only real outdoors Sportmans in my family was my maternal grandfather. He passed in the mid 70s (76 I believe) and left my father a Ruger Mk1. Someone in the family then took it, attempted to clean it, couldn't get it back together, and lost it. Remember that Ghost941 Ghost941 ? When someone lost Grandaddy's gun? Remember how they took it and lost it?

Anyway, moved into the home I remember as a child sometime mid last century. During a renovation, a civil war saber was found hidden in one of the walls. When my father passes, it will come to me.

Grandfather was a lawyer in Marietta. Mentally handicapped fella had a Winchester golden spike 30-30 (railroad commemorative)Shot three "democrats" while stuck at a railroad crossing. (Coincidence I am now a railroader)He also gave me his first ".410". Ends up its a .43 cal made by Remington for the Spanish and used in the Spanish American war. Sadly he passed away and never knew it..... And even worse.... The tragic boating accident they were lost in.....

My dad bought this rifle for me in 1953, used, from a guy who lived close to us. I was only two, but my dad wanted me to have a rifle, at least that is what he told my mother.lol When I was six, my dad taught me about safety, how to hold the rifle, how to sight the rifle, how to load the rifle and finally he allowed me to shoot the rifle at a target. By age 10, the rifle was in the front basket of my bike while I bicycled over to a safe area to shoot. Most of the marks, scuffs, dents and scratches, came from riding in the basket of my bike. This old rifle has seen some hard times, but it is still accurate and cycles like a good old rifle should. It is nothing fancy, not rare by any means, but it is the only rifle my dad ever gave me. Yeah, I still have it. Here is my Winchester Model 62a, .22, pump.

The only real outdoors Sportmans in my family was my maternal grandfather. He passed in the mid 70s (76 I believe) and left my father a Ruger Mk1. Someone in the family then took it, attempted to clean it, couldn't get it back together, and lost it. Remember that Ghost941 Ghost941 ? When someone lost Grandaddy's gun? Remember how they took it and lost it?

Anyway, moved into the home I remember as a child sometime mid last century. During a renovation, a civil war saber was found hidden in one of the walls. When my father passes, it will come to me.

I actually did get it back together and it was stolen by a maintenance guy at my apartment complex.

I bet this wheel gun has flown higher and faster than your wheel gun.

My aunt bought it for my late uncle at the BX at Kadena AB Okinawa in March 1964. He carried it in his RF101 Voodoo over Vietnam. Ruger Blackhawk .357.

If he was shot down he didn't want to have to defend himself with a puny .38 that the Air Force issued.

img_0790-jpg.654282

img_0788-jpg.654276

(Not the holster he carried it in)

This old pistol shoots like a dream...

Wonderful story and heirloom!

I have an old Remington single shot .22 that my uncle gave me for Christmas when I was about 10. Ain't worth nothing to anybody but me. I will pass it on to my son or possibly a grandson or granddaughter one day. Only other heirloom gun in the family is my granddaddys .32 S&W police revolver that I will never see because my dad is a douchebag.

Back
Top Bottom