Your family heirloom firearms . Tell us about them :)

Buck Jr 1.jpg

Browning Sweet 16 pictured here in Winter of 66. My favorite uncle passed away that summer at 37 years old. I spent many hours with him chasing quail and he was my hero. Ironically we have another Sweet 16 in the box from my wife's favorite uncle who shot it 3 times before he passed away a month after getting it for Christmas in 1969. These are beautiful firearms owned by great men who we miss.

Ya'll have some nice one's.

I don't have pictures of mine because they are so plain-jane that they will not get anyone's interest.
1) Remington model 41 Targetmaster .22. about a simple a rifle you can get single shot, manual bolt, no receiver. It belonged to my Grandfather (and Namesake) and was the first firearm my father and I shot.
2) Stevens 24 shotgun - looks like an automatic but is manual cycling. Tennite stock, real oddball - My father's first shotgun.
3) Iver and Johnson Sealed 8 - .22 ten shop - found it in a compartment of my grandfather's ottoman - I did not even know he had it.

I'll never part with any, unless my son want's them.

p.s. I am holding my ex-brother-in-law's grandfather's Remington 740 (original series) for his kids. Nice heritage but not mine. :)

I would love to get mine back! When i was a kid My Grand Father taught me how to shoot his shot guns in 1981-1982 - (Jep Lawrence passed away in Meansville Ga). My Grandmother sold them to her next door neighbor. I would love to know where they ended up.

my angst lies in the breech break British Enfield .38 short? my dad gave to me. wtf?
and an old military trainer Mossberg model 101? in .22lr I traded to an odt'er who wanted to refinish. I like finding people that really enjoy stuff I hate.

I bet this wheel gun has flown higher and faster than your wheel gun.

My aunt bought it for my late uncle at the BX at Kadena AB Okinawa in March 1964. He carried it in his RF101 Voodoo over Vietnam. Ruger Blackhawk .357.

If he was shot down he didn't want to have to defend himself with a puny .38 that the Air Force issued.

img_0790-jpg.654282

img_0788-jpg.654276

(Not the holster he carried it in)

This old pistol shoots like a dream...

I bet this wheel gun has flown higher and faster than your wheel gun.

My aunt bought it for my late uncle at the BX at Kadena AB Okinawa in March 1964. He carried it in his RF101 Voodoo over Vietnam. Ruger Blackhawk .357.

If he was shot down he didn't want to have to defend himself with a puny .38 that the Air Force issued.

img_0790-jpg.654282

img_0788-jpg.654276

(Not the holster he carried it in)

This old pistol shoots like a dream...
Very nice 3 screw !

4 3\4 barrel ?

I have my great grandfathers double barrel, my grandfathers double barrel and my fathers double barrel and I added one for me! I don't know the history of them all, but my fathers is a fox sterlingworth. The way he told it was: A friend of a friend bought it new about the time the Remington 11's came out and wanted an automatic, so he sold it to my dad's friend. He also wanted an auto and sold it to my dad for 25.00 in 1941. Think it was a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom