Your family heirloom firearms . Tell us about them :)

I have an early model Universal M1 carbine.
It has a replacement stock on it because one Christmas Eve in the early 70's my Dad got drunk, threatened to shoot us all, and broke the stock across a huge live oak tree in the yard.
Good times.

You must have been a bad boy....

no real story with it but I did manage to get my grandfathers old sears 16 gauge. its old fairly beat up and probably not worth anything but its the one that's most valuable to me and i'll never let it go, there was a .22 rifle with it that I was supposed to get but some other family member decided they should get it instead without telling me who it was :mad: lord help them if I ever find out which one it was. . .

Thank God, but my father's still with us, but his collection will eventually be passed down to me. Hopefully not for a very long time. He's an old Marine, so it'll take a lot to get him down. My mother in law gave me her grandfathers single shot .410. It was nasty when she gave it to me, but clean as a whistle now and really fun to shoot. I also have a single shot 12 gauge that's apparently from WW2, but I've never been able to verify that. I got it off a guy in AL about 15 years ago.

For my sons some day
-My first gun...stevens .410. given to me by mom and dad so i could go hunting squirrel and rabbit.
-First shotgun that i got on my own when i was 16 was a bolt action marlin goose gun. I traded a set of used southern states mud grip tires for it (we didnt have alot of money and there were 9 kids). That was my first deer gun. Didn't buy a mag for it until years later.....just fed it one round at a time.
-First pistol i bought on my own when i was 18, a brand new s&w model 25 in 45 auto rim. Thought those moon clips were the most awesome thing i'd ever seen. I was only abot 5'3" but i carried that thing concealed in a shoulder holster.

Back
Top Bottom