Your family heirloom firearms . Tell us about them :)

I have an old Elmer Fudd double barrel 12 gauge my grandfather left me. It was the first firearm I ever fired. Pulled both triggers. While painful I thought it was the greatest thing ever. I have yet to do that again but it will be with me until I die. After that it goes to my younger cousin so that it says in the family.

I have my grandfathers old H&R 12 gauge breakdown ,with the 36" barrel xtra full choke.
1469822960206-468869933.jpg
took this big 8 back in the nineties with it ,at about 30yds ,with 00buck . You can see the pellet wounds in the shoulder ,plus it broke both front legs down lower
Took another nice 8 the same year at about 65yds . Put 6 pellets of 00 in him an broke 2 legs down low as well ;)
I have taken a good many deer with this old gun ,as well as my biggest gobbler ,an countless small game .
I love this old shotgun and wouldn't dream of selling it :0)

My grandfather was in the WW1 and back than when you got out you could take your rifle home with you, so I ended up with it. But no longer have it.

My grandfather lent me his Marlin gold trigger 336 when I was 18 and leaving for college. Four years later he died and I inherited the Marlin as well as his Stevens 311A 16 gauge. My mom has his old S&W .32 long, H&R .22, a SXS 12 gauge from 1897 (or thereabouts) and a Field Grade 12 gauge LC Smith. They'll never leave the family as long as I have anything to do with it.

Too many to list. My Dad's collection alone has some pretty choice pieces, but a couple of them hold more sentimental value and do not have a price.
As far as my guns go, my old BAR in .270 will definitely be passed down, along with my Marlin 60, and several others. The Browning and Marlin are the most sentimental ones of mine that will be passed down. The Marlin will be my son's first gun.

I like this thread. Heirloom guns are the best!

Back
Top Bottom