Your favorite deer to larger game hunting rifle.

My old Browning BAR in .270 works for most anything, I suppose. I’ve killed a lot of animals with it. With a decent shot I have no doubt it will stop any game animal around. It already has, and then some.

I believe .30/06 is the most versatile round for North American big game. Good thing I have a BAR in that caliber as well.
I don’t know about versatile, but I would say it has taken more game and any other caliber

Still going with my old reliable Model 700 BDL stainless in 30-06.........

20201116_155158.jpg

My favorite big game rifle is my sons Savage 110 in 243. That is the only gun that has gone into the woods for several years now. This year my dads 30/30 will probably take a deer. Of course it will be more about nostalgia than anything else as today marks two years since his death.

I don’t know about versatile, but I would say it has taken more game and any other caliber

.30/06 can be had in 110gr frangibles up to at least 220gr. I’d say it’s the most versatile round, and it can take any game in North America from critters to killers.

This is a good read.

From the articles.
“The . 30-06 achieved the highest versatility index score of 4.9. With the right bullet at the right distance, a . 30-06 rifle is capable of humanely taking virtually any game in North America, from bear and moose to smaller varmint and predators.”

My favorite big game rifle is my sons Savage 110 in 243. That is the only gun that has gone into the woods for several years now. This year my dads 30/30 will probably take a deer. Of course it will be more about nostalgia than anything else as today marks two years since his death.

The .30/30 is a fine deer round. I hope you get one with your Dad’s rifle.

The .30/30 is a fine deer round. I hope you get one with your Dad’s rifle.
I killed my first deer with it and several since. Of course at some point I realized you cant kill deer with anything less than a 270 and must be able to shoot 300 yards. The good news is I've found deer are not bullet proof and I cant shoot that far.

I killed my first deer with it and several since. Of course at some point I realized you cant kill deer with anything less than a 270 and must be able to shoot 300 yards. The good news is I've found deer are not bullet proof and I cant shoot that far.
0faf1f7e806b751e094e5371b6cf61ec.jpg

Back
Top Bottom