• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Your thoughts on prices...

The pricing "thing" is no different than Gold.

If I buy at 300/oz, and six months later, the market price is 1000/oz, I sell at 1000.

Simple economics .....any product or service is worth that which someone is willing to pay.

The pricing "thing" is no different than Gold.

If I buy at 300/oz, and six months later, the market price is 1000/oz, I sell at 1000.

Simple economics .....any product or service is worth that which someone is willing to pay.

True we just have to quit paying inflated prices calm down a little and be patient. When they quit selling everything and demand goes down so will price but that's easy to say hard to do lol.

I really don't understand why there aren't more ammo makers or why the current ammo makers aren't doing everything they can to double or triple their capacity. As long as it's legal, the demand will be there.

Dunkel when we pulled out of Iraq I predicted to friends that ammo would go down ( with the caveat of until Uncle Sam started back to buying) I was right, wal-mart sold 420 rounds for 149. then the orders got placed and ammo was back to normal. We may buy a lot but Uncle Sam sets the demand.

Not trying to throw too much gas on the fire, but.... Why is anyone here needing ammo? You have 4 years to prepare for this... Screw the guns, they are not worth a poop w/o ammo. 3 weeks before the school shooting, I decided to get 100% out of 7.62x39 b/c I only had 4000 rounds for 4 diffrent guns in that cal. I thought well I need at least 5k of 9mm, 45acp, and 10k of 22lr, 5.45x39, 5.56, and 4k of .308/7.62x51( that was really pricy BTW its allmost all match ammo.) I dont understand how people thought that 200 rounds would last them for any amount of time. If nothing else, you should have stocked up on 22LR, ten thousand rounds is a good start 20k better. I invested in lead, not gold or silver...

Not trying to throw too much gas on the fire, but.... Why is anyone here needing ammo? You have 4 years to prepare for this... Screw the guns, they are not worth a poop w/o ammo. 3 weeks before the school shooting, I decided to get 100% out of 7.62x39 b/c I only had 4000 rounds for 4 diffrent guns in that cal. I thought well I need at least 5k of 9mm, 45acp, and 10k of 22lr, 5.45x39, 5.56, and 4k of .308/7.62x51( that was really pricy BTW its allmost all match ammo.) I dont understand how people thought that 200 rounds would last them for any amount of time. If nothing else, you should have stocked up on 22LR, ten thousand rounds is a good start 20k better. I invested in lead, not gold or silver...

What exactly would we be stocking up for? I just like to shoot without having to go to the store every time. I'm not being condescending. It's just I keep hearing people state that we should have stocked prior.

Toilet paper is probably the most widely used consumable in the house but, I don't buy it all out. I don't get it.

What exactly would we be stocking up for? I just like to shoot without having to go to the store every time. I'm not being condescending. It's just I keep hearing people state that we should have stocked prior.

Toilet paper is probably the most widely used consumable in the house but, I don't buy it all out. I don't get it.

^^^ Thats a fair question, so if you were unable to buy any sort of food/or water for, lets say 7 days, would you be hurting, would you run out of baby/dog food, dipers, TP, I dont have a years supply of food here, but a week or 2, no prob. I guess my point is be prepared, esp. if the writing is on the wall. If I knew that there was a shortage looming, I'd stock up even more. Every week at the store, I buy a extra can of something, just to have it around, just in case.

The zombies man, they're coming lol.

Back
Top Bottom