• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Zastava O-PAP -> Tabuk Conversion

Thought you wanted a PRECISION rifle!? LOL

A rack grade m16 is supposed to be a 4 minute gun. A Russian rack grade Ak is supposed to be a 3 min gun. I found that pretty insightful in a class.

That being said my Daniel defense mk12 isn't rack grade by any means and it's deff sub moa. Shoots way better than I do. You could take an Ak and do some stuff and I bet that would be a cool "SPR". Something different you don't see.

Curious to see it perform

I converted my Yugo M77 back to the original military configuration and haven't tried the RS Regulate. What I have tried is a UTG pro mount and its a piece O crap. The RS Regulate mount setup is pricey. Keep in mind, you're just buying the lower half of the mount for $119. The AKR upper half that puts your optic over the bore is another $55. Thats what I intend to get, but everytime I save up the cash, I get something else.

Never seen a decent M4 that wouldn't do a lot better than 4MOA in my hands. Rarely seen an AK that would do 3MOA, and then it was something like an Arsenal Inc.

Main thing holding the 7.62x39mm back is quality of ammo. Most of it can be trusted to go bang, but ain't much in the way of consistency. I have a case of Lapua-made 7.62x39mm that is scary accurate in a good gun, like my SIG 556R. The steel cases stuff just ain't gonna shoot as well as the vast majority of the brass cases 5.56x45mm ammo on the market.

Anything I've ever seen that has UTG printed on it generally fails

Yea, I should have known better. Since the Pro line is US made, I hoped for better results. Also, at the time I bought it, RS Regulate wasn't due to release their 307 mount for 6 more months. For the yugo M70 or M77 rifles, the RS Regulate is the only good mount to get.

Back
Top Bottom