• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1 handgun, 1 long gun......what do you want in a long term emergency?

Surprised how few people chose a 22. I'd have to go with my trusty 10/22 and a couple BX25 mags. Think how many rounds of .22lr I could tote around!

Handgun wise I have to agree about the Medusa Model 47. Just discovered this thing...Seems like the best SHTF gun of all time. This thing takes pretty much any size 9mm, 38 super, 38 special, 357 mag...i may be missing some.

If you ever have to scavenge for some ammo, you want options man! That'd be my choice no doubt.

Last edited:
Surprised how few people chose a 22. I'd have to go with my trusty 10/22 and a couple BX25 mags. Think how many rounds of .22lr I could tote around!

Handgun wise I just discovered the Medusa Model 47. Seems like the best SHTF gun of all time. This thing takes pretty much any size 9mm, 38 super, 38 special, 357 mag...i may be missing some.

If you ever have to scavenge for some ammo, you want options man! That'd be my choice no doubt.

I agree with you....and if it were a true SHTF situation one of my sons would be carrying my BuckMark with a threaded barrel and my 77/22 with my suppressor on it and a stack of CCI Standard Velocities....22 definitely has a place in these scenarios....but would not want as a FIRST Choice in a more urban environment....although it is a compelling and thought provoking argument!...

I think I would go with a 1911 for defense and my S&W 15-22 for small game hunting mainly because 22LR's are small and you can carry a lot of them with you

I'll take a Sig 226 in 9mm, for outstanding quality, mag capacity and weight w/ plenty off kill power and my AR, again, tons of capacity, great for short range, can still kill at long distances, and weight of ammo, and tons of other people will have them, so if I can take them out first, plenty of chances to stock up on more ammo.

Back
Top Bottom