• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

10/10 Deer hunting thread

Yeah no kidding... This time last year you were killing deer
Like fish in a barrel.
I know we didn't kill them all last year because they keep laughing at me in my neighbors front yard when I come home from a hunt.
Said neighbor probably wouldn't enjoy me up in his tree sniping them.
It has been like that for years, I'm hunting many different properties so I know I'm not killing off all the deer. I seen plenty at the end of last season so I know their still there. I got the first week of November off to make up for how this season is going. This year it's just going to be my daughter and me so I shouldnt need as much meat as the past few years.

Yeah but it sure would be nice to see them in the woods... Haha.
I think they just changed their patterns and will be changing back soon enough.
I moved a ladder to a "good" spot where I saw a buck and six does cross one evening only to not see them again..... Haha.
They sure showed me but that's okay because next year they won't be able to resist the sugar beets and radishes I'm planting there.

1012151046.jpg

Told ya I was going to get one this long weekend. I didn't think it would be this one. I found out something today. I'm fat and need to lose weight. Dragging a deer sucks. This one came out at 8:40 pushing 2 does and a small buck. He came up 15 yards away and turned broadside. This is my biggest so far. 22" main beams, 17" inside spread and his G2's are over 12 inches. This will be my first taxidermy experiment. What an awesome morning of hunting.

Back
Top Bottom