• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/28 Hunt

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of that day that made me think I was a legend. Most of you remember. I hunted hard yesterday. I bought this 45-70 as a way to honor my Father. It was his favorite rifle. Thursday was his birthday and yesterday was Mom and Dad's anniversary. Everything lined up perfect. That's why I suffered through that heat and the mosquitos yesterday. Wanted to get one on that day with that gun. May seem stupid to some but hunting was the only good thing my Father and I shared. This one is going to sting for a while. Legend no more.
Buddy, you are beating yourself up emotionally… There is plenty of the best season to come. Attitude is Altitude…

I try to look at this and I would call it Your season of Redemption .. You and I both know it takes 6 seconds to make your season.

Go make your Season….

I would hunt that same exact spot and get him! He will probably be back eventually.

I'm gonna hunt that spot. Found an 8 inch tree that a deer rubbed to shreds. Haven't seen a rub like that in the south until today. Probably saw 40 scrapes today. It's a hot spot for sure. Also saw 2 other stands so I'll have to be strategic.

How can you go from hitting him twice in the shoulder and seeing a hole to missing? Suck it up buttercup, buck fever gets the best of everyone.

How can you go from hitting him twice in the shoulder and seeing a hole to missing? Suck it up buttercup, buck fever gets the best of everyone.
Man that is harsh… There are others that would never share their pain and you want to rub his nose in it….

Karma look for it….

Let’s ALL take a deep breathe. We ALL have missed one time or the other. We ALL have thought we made the PERFECT shot placement as they ran off only to find out later it was a total miss or recovered deer revealed a gut shot. I like this outdoor trader site. Let’s keep it nice for each other. Too much DIVISION in the world today to have use HUNTERS start dividing. Keep hunting and the next one will be better. I lost my dad on Mothers Day this year. I know how you feel. Maybe you were just trying a little TOO hard to make a kill memory. Just have memories of the past times and move on to make new memories.

Let’s ALL take a deep breathe. We ALL have missed one time or the other. We ALL have thought we made the PERFECT shot placement as they ran off only to find out later it was a total miss or recovered deer revealed a gut shot. I like this outdoor trader site. Let’s keep it nice for each other. Too much DIVISION in the world today to have use HUNTERS start dividing. Keep hunting and the next one will be better. I lost my dad on Mothers Day this year. I know how you feel. Maybe you were just trying a little TOO hard to make a kill memory. Just have memories of the past times and move on to make new memories.

I replied because that's what I am. I own my wins and losses. There is proof. You can see every post I've put up.

Back
Top Bottom