• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/28 Hunt

I'm not sure I even hit it now. I was sure last night. I could not find a single sign that he was hit. He didn't run off dead legged. Didn't find hair. Didn't find blood. Looked over 500 yards in every direction and 1000 yards in the direction I thought he went. Nothing. Not a thing. If I had hit him with that 325 grain 45-70 I should have found something. It's disheartening. I've had 2 5.5 year old bucks within 20 yards this year and nothing to show for it. I suffered yesterday for that shot. Did 10 hours in a climber with the last 5 being in the creek bottom getting destroyed by mosquitos. It all worked out perfect and I blew it. I won't take out my 45-70 again until I verify zero. If it's dead on I might switch up ammo. This really sucks.

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of that day that made me think I was a legend. Most of you remember. I hunted hard yesterday. I bought this 45-70 as a way to honor my Father. It was his favorite rifle. Thursday was his birthday and yesterday was Mom and Dad's anniversary. Everything lined up perfect. That's why I suffered through that heat and the mosquitos yesterday. Wanted to get one on that day with that gun. May seem stupid to some but hunting was the only good thing my Father and I shared. This one is going to sting for a while. Legend no more.

Yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of that day that made me think I was a legend. Most of you remember. I hunted hard yesterday. I bought this 45-70 as a way to honor my Father. It was his favorite rifle. Thursday was his birthday and yesterday was Mom and Dad's anniversary. Everything lined up perfect. That's why I suffered through that heat and the mosquitos yesterday. Wanted to get one on that day with that gun. May seem stupid to some but hunting was the only good thing my Father and I shared. This one is going to sting for a while. Legend no more.
Don't beat yourself up Brother. IT HAPPENS.

You're still our LEGEND. :cool:

Don’t beat yourself up. It happens. That’s why it’s called hunting and not killing. Get back out there after you check zero and make it happen

Shake it off and get back after it.

Your still a Legend Bro. Everything is going to be alright. Might just be a lil Buck fever thats all. Its happens bro keep your head up and redeem yourself

Back
Top Bottom