• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/28 Hunt

I'm quitting hunting. I don't know what the **** is wrong with me. Perfect setup. Big 8 comes in 20 yards. Hammered him in the shoulder with my 45-70. Ran off like it didn't really bother him but I could see where I hit him. Not a single drop of blood. No blood, no deer, looked until I couldn't look any more. I haven't felt this bad about hunting in a long time. I put 10 hours in a climber today. Suffered through the misery and got that perfect moment and ****ing blew it. I'm done for a while.
You know damn well you ain’t quittin just like you know you ain’t gettin no sleep tonite so use this time to line up some help it may be closer than you think I’ll gaurtdamn tee you it ain’t goin far with 2 slugs in em adrenaline does funny things for the hunter and hunted. If you missed so what aim better next time

You know damn well you ain’t quittin just like you know you ain’t gettin no sleep tonite so use this time to line up some help it may be closer than you think I’ll gaurtdamn tee you it ain’t goin far with 2 slugs in em adrenaline does funny things for the hunter and hunted. If you missed so what aim better next time
Sage advice

I haven't had a lot of good luck with the 45-70 bullet. But the last one I shot looked like a macabre scene. I made a broad side shot. The deer ran about 200yds down a ravine. The deer bouncing off trees left and right. The trees had about an 18" wide stripe on both sides of the trail. No missing that blood trail. The bullet shooting through brush is the problem I've had. I use a 375 H&H with excellent results now. I can shoot through a tree and hit my mark with that thing.

Back
Top Bottom