• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/9/14 Hunting report

Went back out around 3pm.
Heard some running around on adjacent valleys but nothing came close enough.

Left the woods early to take the barracuda for a spin.

No hunting for me today, but I did check the cameras. The large bodied buck with the small rack that ran in front of me midday last weekend showed up on camera for the first time. I do not think he's quite as big body wise as one of the big 10s I have been chasing, but he is pretty darn close. He looks funny to have such a large body with that small of rack. Looks to be a 6 or 8 in another pic I have of him.

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_SUNP0216_zpsa80e8984.jpg

i203.photobucket.com_albums_aa225_lk125678_SUNP0120_zps97e08aad.jpg

Thats a good looking 10 you got there, in the next week will be your best chance of dropping the hammer on him. And your right that one up top looks to be as big or bigger by just looking at the belly sag he may be an old deer. Either way he looks like dinner to me!

I am still kicking myself for having him 50 yards in front of me at 12 noon and just freezing, but at least I know now I was not seeing things. You just don't see too many big bodied bucks with racks that small.

He showed up on camera all the way up until 6am so I definitely have a legitimate shot at him, and I'll be chasing him next week. I just hope it does not turn into an obsession for the rest of the season... :D

Back
Top Bottom