• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 question

Good starter 1911. Has the feel and the look, most importantly, from my experience, it goes BOOM every time you pull the trigger! May want to upgrade to good mags, I use Kimber, and it will "bite" you unless you change the beavertail. Never bothered me much though. Good luck and have fun!!
So, never owned and never fired a 1911. Nonetheless when I was in my formative years as a lad I grew up in a military town and just about all my uncles and great uncles were in the military in WWII, Korea and/or Vietnam so to me when I think of handguns it is always the 1911 that immediately comes to mind. I want one, I'm gonna get one. I want a solid one, don't want to drop a couple grand so I figure if it was good enough to serve for so many decades a good ole fashioned GI configuration will suit me just fine, at least for my first one. I was poking around and saw RIA has a GI model for just over $500. My questions are simple.

Is RIA decent quality?

If I get a more vanilla "GI model" like this what will I be giving up that I simply don't know about that I'd get by default with a more high end 1911?

Thanks in advance all, appreciate it!

One pistol that is being overlooked is the Colt M1911A1 Argentine Modelo 1927. These pistols were made by Argentina under license from Colt. Argentina used a very high grade steel to manufacture these pistols. All parts are interchangeable with GI spec parts. I have 5 or 6 in my 1911 collection and think they are a great pistol for the money. You can find them in a price range of $600 to $1,000.

Back
Top Bottom