1944 Underwood M1 Carbine

boneboy96

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
517   0
Reaction score
I don't really know much about these...I got this years ago from a friend who owned a gun shop. It's got Underwood 1944 in the end of the barrel along with a flaming bomb. On the front barrel band is marked SI...or IS.? I tried to take pics of everything I thought could matter. Any help in assessing it's age, condition, worth would be appreciated! Thanks

Attachments

• guns 042.jpg
    guns 042.jpg
    591.9 KB · Views: 41
  • guns 043.jpg
    guns 043.jpg
    587.4 KB · Views: 33
  • guns 044.jpg
    guns 044.jpg
    593.9 KB · Views: 33
  • guns 045.jpg
    guns 045.jpg
    497.5 KB · Views: 30
  • guns 046.jpg
    guns 046.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 36
  • guns 047.jpg
    guns 047.jpg
    580.1 KB · Views: 31
  • guns 049.jpg
    guns 049.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 31
  • guns 050.jpg
    guns 050.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
On the back of the receiver, under the sights ,and just above the serial number will be the manufacturers name.
Dont' go by what is on the barrel. Need that to start.

Underwood made just a shade over 1.7 million carbines and an additional 400,000 barrels, so you have a replacement barrel on another manufacturers receiver.

Last edited:
On the back of the receiver, under the sights ,and just above the serial number will be the manufacturers name.
Dont' go by what is on the barrel. Need that to start.

Just in front of the serial # and under the sights is UNDERWOOD. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

The stock is a Winchester (WRA=Winchester Repeating Arms). Go to www.odcmp.com and click on rifle sales. They have some good info on WWII rifles.

Thanks...I'll check that out!

I can't get to it here at work or I would look it up, but if you check www.oldguns.net you will be able to input the serial number and get the manufacturer and date of manufacture. If I remember right, it is on the left side bar way near the bottom. Select US Military guns and enter the SN.

I can't get to it here at work or I would look it up, but if you check www.oldguns.net you will be able to input the serial number and get the manufacturer and date of manufacture. If I remember right, it is on the left side bar way near the bottom. Select US Military guns and enter the SN.

Thanks...I'll check that out as well! :)

I just looked using my iPhone and they don't list the M1 Carbines at all, I am sorry.

Back
Top Bottom