• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

1971 Ruger 44mag carbine

I had one years back that I just plain wore it out.
It became unreliable and I returned it to Ruger for refurbishing, these things have a jillion parts and springs in them as well.
a gunsmith called me and told me that they were long discontinued but thought they could round up parts to fix it. took them about 4-5 months but they got it together, finally sold it years later.
that always impressed me with Ruger and customer service.
I bet the gunsmith called me 6-7 times over the course of the repair.
They also made a lever action 44 carbine but for the life of me I can not remember the model number.
I always wanted one of those.

They also made a lever action 44 carbine but for the life of me I can not remember the model number.
I always wanted one of those.

96/44. love mine. they had the 77/44 bolt action, 96/44 lever action. both used the same rotary magazine. lightweight fun to shoot rifle. very short action to the lever, makes very quick follow up shots. I'd like to get a 1-4x illuminated reticle scope for mine, maybe the new Nikon 1000 1-4x might work on it well.

96/44. love mine. they had the 77/44 bolt action, 96/44 lever action. both used the same rotary magazine. lightweight fun to shoot rifle. very short action to the lever, makes very quick follow up shots. I'd like to get a 1-4x illuminated reticle scope for mine, maybe the new Nikon 1000 1-4x might work on it well.

Thanks !
I could not remember the model although I could plainly see the weapon in my mind.

Back
Top Bottom