• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

2 Boston Bombing FBI Agents "Fall from Helicopter" ..... dead

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fast rope hangs from the gantry and extends from the side/rear/hell hole of the aircraft and each man slides down it like a fire pole. There is nothing for each individual roper to rig, feet and hands on the rope and away you go.

The doors were likely open? Impossible to fast rope from a UH-1 with closed doors.

Understanding how VBSS and fast roping work are elementary to understanding how this accident could have occurred. The odds for something going wrong when you are on the rope, the aircraft moves off target (ships deck), you find yourself now over open water, 30 to 50 feet above the surface and wearing 50 to 80 pounds of gear,,,,,are far from astronomical and are in fact in the "pretty damn good" range.

Edit to add: VBSS = Visit, Board, Search, Seizure

Great post. Good info

no, mine's bigger

Pics?

uploadfromtaptalk1369566654420.jpg

Super Hero? Hey, it's not my fault you decide to comment and question technical procedure for fast roping and had no idea what you are talking about. What safety precautions were not followed? From what I have read the aircraft had some type of inflight emergency while men were on the rope. When that happens the aircraft commander has to make some serious decisions in a very compressed time frame balancing the lives of the men still on board the aircraft (minimum of four, but could be up to 10) and the men on the rope (two to four). In that type situation, it sucks to be on the rope. Those men knew that going in, advanced tactical operations carry risk, even in training environments.

I have flown a UH-1 from both the right and left seat. I am a HRST (Helicopter Rope Suspension Training) Master course graduate and have roped from and rope mastered operations from the UH-1, CH-46, CH-53. I thought I would TRY and shed some light how a roping operation works and can go wrong in any environment.

I realize my response to your lack of knowledge was initially harsh. But I will tell you this, after reading some of the responses in this thread, I really don't give a damn. It is so easy to support the "conspiracy" with statements that have no factual basis, and if that is your game, then to be offended by truth and resort to "Super Hero" name calling. The fact is that 'TRUTH" is inconvenient to these type threads and those who few run wild in them.

I now return you all to unrealistic conspiracy gaming experience and wish you luck in exposing the plot of HRT to kill two of there own and bury the secret from the world, excluding the genius few here that have exposed it for the ODT of course.

When I first posted all the info I could find was two guys fell out of a helicopter during training and died. You didn't shead light on anything, you got your ranger panties in a bunch and took the opportunity to give someone **** cause you just happen to be an expert in the subject. I didn't realize the God of helos was trolling Area 51 lookin for people to say something about safety during training missions. I just hope they determine the root cause and can improve upon what ever happened. In all seriousness you sound like you've done some great things for America, and I appreciate it. Have a great Memorial Day.

When I first posted all the info I could find was two guys fell out of a helicopter during training and died. You didn't shead light on anything, you got your ranger panties in a bunch and took the opportunity to give someone **** cause you just happen to be an expert in the subject. I didn't realize the God of helos was trolling Area 51 lookin for people to say something about safety during training missions. I just hope they determine the root cause and can improve upon what ever happened. In all seriousness you sound like you've done some great things for America, and I appreciate it. Have a great Memorial Day.

When you first posted you likened the mission to "Apocalypse Now" and stated "If it wasn't some crazy ass cover up and just a mishap, somebody REALLY dropped the ball." That is a hell of a leap when your base of information by your own account was "all the info I could find was two guys fell out of a helicopter during training and died." The trend here (and most threads you find in this forum) is unqualified, non factual statements used to support the same tired theory. I normally read the post and just move on. But this time I decided not to. The interjection of fact and truth in these threads appears to burn like a hot coal and all I can really add is an apology for derailing the dog pile, but I think I will pass on that and simply say carry on. Nothing I have said was directed at you personally, I have no idea what kind of man you are, but simply directed at your comments in an open thread. Like I said before, I know it appeared harsh and maybe even personal, and while the former is true the latter is not.

It appears to me the intent of these type threads is to only allow like minded comments to pass unmolested and untested and anything else is trolling and an "opportunity to give someone ****"

"Ranger Panties " and "god of helos", really man.................:wacko: For statements like that to have impact one has to have standing. If you have any more phrases like that to throw out to ease your mind, by all means let them rip. They have no value but do have some effect, though not the type they are meant to achieve.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom