• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 nights with BOB.

talkstosquirrels

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
33   0
Reaction score
I am setting up a group outing so to speak. It will be in a National Forest of the N GA mountains.

The purpose is two fold:
1) Put BOB to use in order to refine and keep current.
2) Grow a group of like minded individuals to share our knowledge between us and increase awareness surrounding the inevitable... Planetary change.

A focus on a deferent topic each month addressing real world preparedness. First topic to be edible vegetation/animals in our region, identification, dressing and/or cooking.

1-2 nights the last weekend of each month would be an intelligent move. Monthly involvement is not necessary to be involved.

All interested parties PM me and I will contact you back with the details.

Looking forward to it, and thank you.

No Study = Fail
Study = No Fail

I would like to get a trip together where a bunch of us could get together and do this.
The problem it is extremely hard to get that many guys together at the same time.
I think that if we get a good group and start a plan for a few months down the road,
we would be in great shape. I am good for almost anything so all we need to do is
start forming a list of guys that are committed to making it happen.

I would like to get a trip together where a bunch of us could get together and do this.
The problem it is extremely hard to get that many guys together at the same time.
I think that if we get a good group and start a plan for a few months down the road,
we would be in great shape. I am good for almost anything so all we need to do is
start forming a list of guys that are committed to making it happen.

I agree, giving enough time to build a good group is essential. Does the first weekend of February sound like enough time? Maybe the first weekend of each month will allow it to grow. Personally, when SHTF, I would dream of having a solid group of prepers all on the same tip. Having a plan prior to the fact that we all know and we already will have the beginnings of a new community. Trips like this will not only allow us to dial in our plan and BOB's but will also allow us to weed out the undesirables.

I will be re-posting under another heading to attract another group.

I am thinking somewhere along the Appalachian trail North of Suches, GA.

I'm in, do you guys want to shoot for April? Shouldn't be that cold by then. Or were you thinking February? Braving the cold might be fun. I'm getting married on St. Patricks Day in 2011, so I could do the weekend after. Like March 26th weekend. What kind of date are we gonna try for?

I'm in, do you guys want to shoot for April? Shouldn't be that cold by then. Or were you thinking February? Braving the cold might be fun. I'm getting married on St. Patricks Day in 2011, so I could do the weekend after. Like March 26th weekend. What kind of date are we gonna try for?

COLD!!!!!????? COLD!!!!??????

Just in case anyone is wondering... This is not a "camping trip". Secondly, it does not get cold in GA. -20, -10, or hell even 0 I would venture to call 'cold'. This is not a "bring the Oreo's" and your PJ's outing.

Also, yesterday was 12/21/10. 12/21/12 lands on the same season cycle, the same day two years from now.

I am really glad you brought up this point. I am bringing together a group of people that can plan to meet after SHTF. That either understand already and are ready to share, or ready to learn how to kill small game, skin it and eat it. We're replacing the marshmallows and Graham Crackers with the back leg of squirrel and some rabbit meat. How to live off the land without hot milk. Unless, of course, we find a goat. This is a chance to taste a little bit of reality.... and them go home. If I did not work for a living, I would be planning to lead up to a week on the land with nothing but what is on our backs. First a 2 day, then 4,6, 10. After all, we have a bed waiting at home, how bad can it be? An ounce of prep is worth a pound of pain.

A .454 Casull, a water purifier, some para-cord and a Therma-rest go a long way.

I don't meant to come off harsh... I am just looking for a hearty group.

So...

Anyone???

I go every valentines weekend to the Allegheny national forest in Pa. with a bunch of buddies. Last year it was 9 degrees when I got out of the truck. No tents either. Tents are for *******!

Back
Top Bottom