• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 nights with BOB.

I'm in, do you guys want to shoot for April? Shouldn't be that cold by then. Or were you thinking February? Braving the cold might be fun. I'm getting married on St. Patricks Day in 2011, so I could do the weekend after. Like March 26th weekend. What kind of date are we gonna try for?

THE WEEKEND AFTER YOU GET MARRIED???????? Careful, that may land you in more trouble than you can handle.

I'm more interested in doing a crawl, walk, run weekend rather than, going all hardcore, with my BOB and a paperclip ready to take on the world. I'm not as young as I used to be, and am definately not in as good of shape. I would rather have saveral topics/scenarios we could work out and implement, see what works and what doesn't vs. a ritual dick beating contest.

The purpose of training is to provide instruction and guidance in a controlled enviroment. Why go out of the way to be miserable?

Wheeler

I'm in, do you guys want to shoot for April? Shouldn't be that cold by then. Or were you thinking February? Braving the cold might be fun. I'm getting married on St. Patricks Day in 2011, so I could do the weekend after. Like March 26th weekend. What kind of date are we gonna try for?

Seriously, if you plan to be gone and in the woods the weekend after you get married, you are looking at your own personal SHTF scenario :) You might get a lot more than just one or two nights practice surviving with just your BOB.

Seriously, if you plan to be gone and in the woods the weekend after you get married, you are looking at your own personal SHTF scenario :) You might get a lot more than just one or two nights practice surviving with just your BOB.

I think I have my own home front under control. I appreciate your concern. But, after living with the woman for 5 years. I think I know what I can do and what I can't.

I'm more interested in doing a crawl, walk, run weekend rather than, going all hardcore, with my BOB and a paperclip ready to take on the world. I'm not as young as I used to be, and am definately not in as good of shape. I would rather have saveral topics/scenarios we could work out and implement, see what works and what doesn't vs. a ritual dick beating contest.

The purpose of training is to provide instruction and guidance in a controlled enviroment. Why go out of the way to be miserable?

Wheeler

Back now to address some of the posts indicating interest. Thank you all for your comments, questions and interest. I will address one at a time as to not convolute things. Starting with Wheeler. Thank you for sharing what you "are more interested in". That is the beauty in the freedom of expression, and the abilituy to choose. Being able start your own outing for those in a like minded group interested in "doing a crawl, walk, run weekend rather than, going all hardcore, with my BOB and a paperclip ready to take on the world".

Please know, I am not trying to be a dick. My purpose, in this post, is singular. To be absolutely clear on my intention of getting a group of individuals together that are interested in being all hardcore. 110% hardcore, in our desire to survive. It is not a romantic idea, or a MacGyver inspired philosophy, rather something woven into the fiber of my DNA. If we were to crawl, walk and run, it would be for the purpose of training the full group to rise from an observation position with the dirt on our dicks , in one move to a heal-to-toe forward movement maintaining a steady bead on our target yielding a combat grouping with my primary and secondary. Unfortunately, weeding out the hedonistic consumers that are out of shape and only used to ritualistic dick beating is going to be part of the process.

Now as for your valid, for you, opinion... "The purpose of training is to provide instruction and guidance in a controlled enviroment. Why go out of the way to be miserable?". I respectfully disagree. The purpose of the sort of training I am soliciting is to achieve as close to a real-world scenario as possible. You can't really choose what the weather will be like when WROL takes it's position. I welcome the misery I may perceive as misery for the purpose of: 1) Observing the point at which my weaknesses affect my awareness and moral. 2) Altering my system to compensate for this by implementing a better system. After all, what is a day or two away from your nice, cozy warm bed now, in trade for a level of understanding about yourself, and your system, that allows you maintain your calm later. You call in misery, I call it mastery.

I seek only individuals who share this mentality. If this kind of "going all hardcore" is not your idea of positive, forward movement in the quest of achieving some preparedness, please be realistic with yourself and continue on with the type of preparation that is right for you. Again, I am not trying to be a dick. I honor your position, I just do not share it.

Also, I caught wind of a past "meet and greet" where some took offense towards the fact that others were not into watching NASCAR on television, or something ridiculous like that. The heading of this forum is "survival" not "push your inane personal beliefs about sports on others". I can not stand television. I edit television shows for a living but feel that it absolutely turns your brain into jelly. I am interested in fit, or at least determined, individuals that know their craft and study it. Wether it is HAM, cartography and topography, weapons and ballistics, advanced tactical movement and shooting,cleaning up a squirrel, rabbit, coon or deer... or the ability to diffuse a potentially fatal situation. These are the skill-sets of the future IMHO. And these are the individuals I seek to bring together for the outing I am planning.

Now, is there a use for a paperclip you can share with us that I am not aware of?

Thank you.

tts

Last edited:
Apparantly I've offended you. I apologize. I regret you felt the need to put me in my place, as it was not my intention to offend or insult. The paper clip reference is a location joke from the Army.

Wheeler

Apparantly I've offended you. I apologize. I regret you felt the need to put me in my place, as it was not my intention to offend or insult. The paper clip reference is a location joke from the Army.

Wheeler

You didn't offend me my good man, you just pointed out the need for me to be a bit more clear about the intention of the get-together. Unless you were one of the die-hard NASCAR guys at that last meet-and-greet. : )

Tts.

I think I have my own home front under control. I appreciate your concern. But, after living with the woman for 5 years. I think I know what I can do and what I can't.

Deer hunting can prove trying on the patience. Hopefully we won't be maintaing total stillness for hours on end. How about Canadian Honker hunting? Cold. Quiet. Early. Thank you God for Gor-Tex.

Back
Top Bottom