• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

20 year and 15 year sentences for flag waving disrupters in Douglas county

Supposedly pointed a shotgun at the 8 year old black kid having the birthday. I also believe the 20yr and 15yr are 13yr and 9yr to serve, the remainder on probation. Others who pled guilty before going to trial got lesser sentences.
Hopefully they will start giving real time to thugs that point guns during armed robberies. I have witnessed two seperate armed robbers ( pointing handgun at convenience store clerk) receive two year suspended sentences in Dekalb superior court. Probation basically.

Hopefully they will start giving real time to thugs that point guns during armed robberies. I have witnessed two seperate armed robbers ( pointing handgun at convenience store clerk) receive two year suspended sentences in Dekalb superior court. Probation basically.
Well they must not have offended anyone with bad language.

Remember plea bargaining is your friend in a felony case. If you decide to go to trial and is found guilty I know that Cobb County will give you the max or close to it. In my younger days working narcotics, I bought a quarter bag of weed from a guy and then he was arrested. The court offered him a 90 day boot camp with no record upon completing the boot camp. His attorney begged him to take the deal. After the trial the judge sentenced him to do 5 years with one to serve.

Remember plea bargaining is your friend in a felony case. If you decide to go to trial and is found guilty I know that Cobb County will give you the max or close to it. In my younger days working narcotics, I bought a quarter bag of weed from a guy and then he was arrested. The court offered him a 90 day boot camp with no record upon completing the boot camp. His attorney begged him to take the deal. After the trial the judge sentenced him to do 5 years with one to serve.
In most camps we'd call that extortion.

EDITED for accuracy: Just re-heard on WSB local news to confirm. Supposedly pointed a shotgun at the 8 year old black kid having the birthday and others. The couple was sentenced to 13yr [male]and 6yr [female]. Others who pled guilty before going to trial got lesser sentences. GA has no hate crime law so they were charges under street gang laws and others.
EDITED for accuracy.

Did they brandish the weapon?

I've heard different accounts and don't know if they pointed the gun or not. Either way I figured they would get some time for it and deservedly so. I did not figure they would receive the same sentence as second degree murder...

I'll bet first degree murder in the ATL doesn't serve more than 10 years. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Stupid crap happens daily and this was really stupid, but I can't agree with this sentence.

You can call it extortion but that is the way it is. When working court security with the inmates, the plea bargaining goes on all day. If everyone demanded trials, which is their right, get ready to pay for many more jails or prisons. Unless you want more early releases and more violent convicts living around you.

Back
Top Bottom