• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2012 GMC ACADIA. I hate it Any car truck AC guys on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been at this profession for 15 years plus. I’ve yet to meet a technician who wants to pull a dash. If you swing by my shop I’ll try to go through with my scan tool free of charge and put the actuators through calibration. If that fails we can look at what actuator failed. If it’s hot on one side and cold on the other it’s a temperature actuator for the side that’s not responding. Some are easier than others.
c48a66be31a2f1154ad4926a6080d315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice of you

Turn controls to off position with engine running. turn switch off and disconnect battery for 10 minutes or so. Hook battery back up crank vehicle and turn on ac and see if it reset.

I’ve been at this profession for 15 years plus. I’ve yet to meet a technician who wants to pull a dash. If you swing by my shop I’ll try to go through with my scan tool free of charge and put the actuators through calibration. If that fails we can look at what actuator failed. If it’s hot on one side and cold on the other it’s a temperature actuator for the side that’s not responding. Some are easier than others.

I've got to have mine looked at. Very long story but I think the previous mechanic just didn't want to put the time into it that was needed. I'll PM you later on.

10thmountain 10thmountain ,
If you want to drive up to Cartersville, I will be happy to diagnose and give you an honest estimate. Without the correct tools and equipment, you can potentially cost yourself a grand or 2. I won't charge you to look at it, mostly cause I had one back in 2010ish and hated it more than politicians!

10thmountain 10thmountain you know.....sniper22’s shop is right down the road from Creekside. Just sayin....

Dang what a scary picture

Apparently manufacturers putting computers in cars don't really know what they are doing. Was in a Honda dealership the other day and notice wires running over the floor to each vehicle with alligator clips to the battery posts! Reviews on 2019 Honda's say computer is always on and will run battery down in two days if vehicle is not driven!!

THanks for taking a look! I really appreciate it!

Wife’s did the same, pulled the fuse which iirc was in the passenger kick panel and went back to normal after the calibration. 2 years later the actuator took a dump, managed to swap it out after pulling out the glove box in about 30 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom