• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2018 SHOT Show thread

Here's my ignorant question for the day... What makes a MP5 so special/hard to duplicate? I love the mp5 (what little I know about it) and always have especially in video games.
But seriously why is this so special over say a CZ scorpion or MPX?

Flat has to be stamped and welded, parts are limited.

just more labor intesive to build is the main thing and requiring a good welder which is a hard skill to master. now as to why is it so special over the scorpion or mpx. . . it isnt lol. they just have a cool factor going for them, thats about it

From what I understand the MPX doesnt suppress well. The MP5 is nice a quiet. Its heavy though. I remember when I first held a real deal MP5 (Bryan's MP5A3?) I was surprised at how heavy it was.

MP5s are supposed to suppress really well and be extremely controllable on full-auto. The big reason for the cost is nostalgia. If you're not going to suppress it and it's not going to be FA, there aren't many advantages (if any) over the MPX/EVO.

True. I like the EVO, MPX too, but I'd probably get an EVO before the MPX.

From what I understand the MPX doesnt suppress well. The MP5 is nice a quiet. Its heavy though. I remember when I first held a real deal MP5 (Bryan's MP5A3?) I was surprised at how heavy it was.

interesting, never had my hand on an mpx myself just the scorpion which to me is the real one they have to beat and i'd agree completely on the weight, though the only one i shot was a omega she was a pretty hefty little shooter.

The FA guy said 4-5 MOA at 50 yards. When the interviewer clarified later on in the video he said 'groups of 4"-5" at 50 yards' and the FA guy didn't correct him. And honestly saying 4-5 MOA at 50 yards is just a weird way to say it if indeed he meant 2"-2.5" groups at 50 yards aka 4-5 MOA. I think many could shoot 4-5 inch groups at 50 yards in a stress situation.

Regardless, whether someone can maximize the effectiveness of the gun is not really the question.

actually the interview asked an open ended question, "You said it had 4 to 5" groups at 50 yards, when does it start to keyhole?" then Sun answered the the question, "when does it key hole?"

B1B65BAB-86E6-4158-BB76-CA59CE2FF78C.jpeg
Boom. Psa clone

Back
Top Bottom