• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Bronco

IMG_0094.JPG

I'll keep my 74 Bronco since I expect the new Bronco to be a pavement princess with a look of look and no go. If they would make it available with a turbo diesel, rubber floor liner, manual windows/locks and bullet proof running gear instead of loading it down with luxury crap then I might buy one.

View attachment 1030107
I'll keep my 74 Bronco since I expect the new Bronco to be a pavement princess with a look of look and no go. If they would make it available with a turbo diesel, rubber floor liner, manual windows/locks and bullet proof running gear instead of loading it down with luxury crap then I might buy one.

That looks great, what have you done with the interior? Any pics?

Btw, have y'all seen the Bronco conversions where they put the modern 5.0 and other upgrades in them? I think it may be a company in California. The old 302 would really move them around with tons of pep, can't imagine how a modern small block would feel.

Btw, have y'all seen the Bronco conversions where they put the modern 5.0 and other upgrades in them? I think it may be a company in California. The old 302 would really move them around with tons of pep, can't imagine how a modern small block would feel.

I put a fuel injected 5.0 from a 91 mustang in mine

Easy job. Only five wires to hook from the mustang harness into the bronco
Battery , crank, crank and run, starter and alternator

Also swapped in a NV3550 five speed that was used in wranglers and Dakotas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was actually referring to the present "coyote" 5.0, but that's an awesome swap as well, especially with a tranny like that.

Thank you I'll see if I can post a couple tomorrow. It has Pro car race seats with a 3 point harness system, 4 bar roll cage, Hurst 3 speed floor shifter and bed liner the floor. The engine was built by 9mile Machine Shop and is a 302 bored .60 over, with 9.5 comp pistons, Edelbrock high torque cam/performer intake/ 600cfm carb. The heads were ported with 2.02 valves with a set of Headman headers. Dynoed at 325hp/345ft.

I was down at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee, FL last week and talked to a guy about putting a Coyote in it the next time I need an engine swap. That would bump it up to 430hp and around 475 ft torque depending on the tune.

Very nice set up. Any problems with the NV3550 and the Dana 20 transfer case?

Thank you I'll see if I can post a couple tomorrow. It has Pro car race seats with a 3 point harness system, 4 bar roll cage, Hurst 3 speed floor shifter and bed liner the floor. The engine was built by 9mile Machine Shop and is a 302 bored .60 over, with 9.5 comp pistons, Edelbrock high torque cam/performer intake/ 600cfm carb. The heads were ported with 2.02 valves with a set of Headman headers. Dynoed at 325hp/345ft.

I was down at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee, FL last week and talked to a guy about putting a Coyote in it the next time I need an engine swap. That would bump it up to 430hp and around 475 ft torque depending on the tune.

Sounds awesome!

Very nice set up. Any problems with the NV3550 and the Dana 20 transfer case?

No
A couple of companies make an adapter kit to use the 3550
A plate to bolt it to the ford bell housing and a plate to bolt it to the Dana 20 and a spud shaft

I have a fuel injected 351W from a 1996 15 passenger van to go in if I ever find the time

There's a bronco roundup in Townsend / Knoxville TN every year
Think there were around 350 Broncos there last year

I also have transplanted a 2002 Chevy 5.3 LS engine into my sons 76 K-10
And it was surprisingly easy

No
A couple of companies make an adapter kit to use the 3550
A plate to bolt it to the ford bell housing and a plate to bolt it to the Dana 20 and a spud shaft

I have a fuel injected 351W from a 1996 15 passenger van to go in if I ever find the time

There's a bronco roundup in Townsend / Knoxville TN every year
Think there were around 350 Broncos there last year

I also have transplanted a 2002 Chevy 5.3 LS engine into my sons 76 K-10
And it was surprisingly easy

Thanks for the info. When I swap the engine I was going to swap the 3 spd to a 4 but I might look at tbe 3550. I've been wanting to get up to the round up but always had something else planned. I'll look up the dates for this year and see if I can make it.
LS in a K-10 sounds like a whole bunch of fun!

Back
Top Bottom