• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Silverado EV

Early adopters get to figure out all the hardware and software bugs.
I'll wait :boink:
I agree. But I bought one of the very first Avalanches to hit the lots. Still have it and have not had one single engine or transmission repair or anything really of note. Window motor repair, light A/C work once, one wheel bearing. That's it. I know... I shouldn't have typed that.
And yeah, it's not the computer with 4 wheels that that new thing is.... so I'm with you.

As an Avalanche owner, I can not tell you how much more utility you get out of a collapsible midgate. I always said if they ever made it again, I'd buy one.
But I've also said I'd never buy another GM product (for political reasons) and I'd never get an EV but dang.....
Try and stomach watching the entire video before commenting. I really wish they were going to make a gas version but then you wouldn't get the 0-60 in sub 4.5 or the frunk.
I want to hear your sane pros and cons.

Mother****ing communist if you asked me
**** America! And the **** they ram up our ass !

I agree. But I bought one of the very first Avalanches to hit the lots. Still have it and have not had one single engine or transmission repair or anything really of note. Window motor repair, light A/C work once, one wheel bearing. That's it. I know... I shouldn't have typed that.
And yeah, it's not the computer with 4 wheels that that new thing is.... so I'm with you.

The Avalanche was built on the proven GMT800 platform with the addition of plastic side body cladding. Many early adopters had "zebra stripes" with the cladding as it faded. Customers within the 3yr/36,000 original factory warranty could go to their dealership to have it restored under their original warranty under GM TSB:04-08-111-001C. General Motors did not use side body cladding on the second generation model. :)

I'll wait for the second generation EV

The Avalanche was built on the proven GMT800 platform with the addition of plastic side body cladding. Many early adopters had "zebra stripes" with the cladding as it faded. Customers within the 3yr/36,000 original factory warranty could go to their dealership to have it restored under their original warranty under GM TSB:04-08-111-001C. General Motors did not use side body cladding on the second generation model. :)
Oh, I'm painfully aware. But I don't consider the fading anything material (of course mine has always been garaged or covered). Various Tire wet/armor all type products keep it looking like new for months on end even now.

Back
Top Bottom