• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2024 Silverado EV

EV is the future.

Picture it's the late 90's and you're telling yourself you don't like the internet and you think it's dumb.

That's exactly how you sound resisting electric vehicles. Even 18 wheelers will be all EV in the very near future. They do everything better than gas.

If the midgate can be had for under $40k street price...... nvm, I don't want to think about it.
Realistically I'd say it would be standard on a Trail boss and possibly an option on the LT/Custom trail boss if they continue with Chevys current nomenclature for Silverado trim levels. They kinda threw a wrench in it calling this the RST when the regular Silverado RST is under the Trail Boss and LTZ.

So around 55-60k to get it standard.

Well besides range, refueling time, and available fuel.
The technology is already there for range to outlast the amount of time you can drive without sleeping anyways. Simply refuel while you sleep.

When you say available fuel, EV can be fueled by gas, coal, hydro, solar or an endless other different souro of energy that can be converted. So they definitely have the edge on fuel availability compared to an engine that can only be fueled by gasoline.

So I guess you mean available places to fill up along the road ways Yeah, that's the only downside, but that is rapidly changing. Plus, you can fill up every night at home. Do that with your Gass car?

All those things you mentioned have improved at exponential rates in just the past 5 years alone. If it continues the same trajectory in another 5 years (or definitely another 10 years) and it will be undeniable.

The future is now old man.

Horse and carriage guys use to mock that "what them gasoline trucks gonna do in the rural areas where there ain't no gas stations, muh horses just need grass and water"

The market adapts. In this day and age it adapts fast.

The technology is already there for range to outlast the amount of time you can drive without sleeping anyways. Simply refuel while you sleep.

When you say available fuel, EV can be fueled by gas, coal, hydro, solar or an endless other different souro of energy that can be converted. So they definitely have the edge on fuel availability compared to an engine that can only be fueled by gasoline.

So I guess you mean available places to fill up along the road ways Yeah, that's the only downside, but that is rapidly changing. Plus, you can fill up every night at home. Do that with your Gass car?

All those things you mentioned have improved at exponential rates in just the past 5 years alone. If it continues the same trajectory in another 5 years (or definitely another 10 years) and it will be undeniable.

The future is now old man.

Horse and carriage guys use to mock that "what them gasoline trucks gonna do in the rural areas where there ain't no gas stations, muh horses just need grass and water"

The market adapts. In this day and age it adapts fast.

No, I mean nowhere in the world could the grid handle all the current ICE vehicles refueling electric. There isn’t enough capacity. In the future, possibly sure.

What you said is the currently do everything better than ICE, and that’s not true.

As far as range. Take the fastest EV on the road today, and I will take a 2002 Chevy cavalier and let’s race from Atlanta to San Francisco. 10 out of 10 times the cavalier will win.

They will eventually replace ICE, but we still have a ton of work to do.

Guarantee that 400 mile range is with no ac or heat at 20 mph going downhill and heaven forbid you have any sort of load in the back or more than 1 person, and then to top it off the last fkn thing I’d ever want is to haul something and take a few hour long stops to make it there or home cause I didn’t have the range vs a 5 min stop to refill my tank…thanks but no way in hell

Guarantee that 400 mile range is with no ac or heat at 20 mph going downhill and heaven forbid you have any sort of load in the back or more than 1 person, and then to top it off the last fkn thing I’d ever want is to haul something and take a few hour long stops to make it there or home cause I didn’t have the range vs a 5 min stop to refill my tank…thanks but no way in hell

Wonder what the range would be with a small 6000lb camper pulled behind.

For 90% of the people, 90% of the time, it's probably not an issue. But that other 10% would be a real PITA.

Back
Top Bottom