• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.22 SBR AR help

Ha oh yea. I've seen it here before and I messaged him about it. I've looked at so many different pictures of .22 SBRs I don't know what a 16" barrel looks like anymore.

Here is my last question for you laxguy
4.75" barrel + 5.08" suppressor - .4" for threading = 9.43"
How is it that a 7" rail leaves you with only around an inch sticking out? Or is it really 2.43 inches and just looks shorter?

That is 4.75" from the bolt face, which is two inches behind the start of the hand guards.

Ha oh yea. I've seen it here before and I messaged him about it. I've looked at so many different pictures of .22 SBRs I don't know what a 16" barrel looks like anymore.

Here is my last question for you laxguy
4.75" barrel + 5.08" suppressor - .4" for threading = 9.43"
How is it that a 7" rail leaves you with only around an inch sticking out? Or is it really 2.43 inches and just looks shorter?

Barrel length is measured from the bolt fact, rail's don't start until an inch or so after the chamber, and even more so on a 22 since the chamber reaches farther back into the receiver.

You'll notice how far back the chamber is in this picture.
attachment.php

Duh. :wacko: Thank you gents! I need to just shut up and break out my wallet. I'll prob apply for the stamp next week and start acquiring parts. It's a good time to take advantage of PSA's $39 blem stripped upper.

Back
Top Bottom