• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3-Ring Binder and Other Hard Copies

Leveraction44

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
33   0
Reaction score
I have quite a bit of info about being prepared, survival etc. on my computer. Plus, I can usually look up a topic on the internet and read about it or watch a video.

I have come to realize if I lost electrical power and internet, my effective survival IQ drops dramatically.

So I have decided to put together a 3-Ring binder with essential information that I may need in those situations. I think that I will supplement it with a few books, manuals, etc..

Example: How much bleach to treat a gallon of water. Or how much pool shock. First Aid essentials. What is the gap on the spark plug for my gen, etc., etc..

What topics and items do you recommend that I have in a hard-copy format?

This is a good reference tool that's in our go bag...

1634757790780.png

1) Books

2) A durable, old notebook PC, battery in decent shape, stored inside a metal container, with the ability to solar charge the battery. Most laptop PCs run on 18v to 20v power supplies, but some will fire up directly from a 12v power source (car battery).

3) Redundant digital media (USB thumb drives, SD cards) with the critical stuff downloaded. Stored in static free bags inside a metal container.

4) Did I mention books?

I have quite a bit of info about being prepared, survival etc. on my computer. Plus, I can usually look up a topic on the internet and read about it or watch a video.

I have come to realize if I lost electrical power and internet, my effective survival IQ drops dramatically.

So I have decided to put together a 3-Ring binder with essential information that I may need in those situations. I think that I will supplement it with a few books, manuals, etc..

Example: How much bleach to treat a gallon of water. Or how much pool shock. First Aid essentials. What is the gap on the spark plug for my gen, etc., etc..

What topics and items do you recommend that I have in a hard-copy format?
Honest question, how much bleach or shock does one need to "treat" water?

Back
Top Bottom