• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

41F Question - Removing / Adding People

Moondog1

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
183   0
Reaction score
I have a trust prior to 41f taking affect. There is no way I can get the people on it together to go get finger printed so I can get a new toy. Can I really just amend the trust and remove everyone except myself for now, apply for my can, and then after I get the can, add them back? The logistics of getting everyone to closest kiosk for prints pictures would be awful.

Or should I just do another trust or individual?

I have a trust prior to 41f taking affect. There is no way I can get the people on it together to go get finger printed so I can get a new toy. Can I really just amend the trust and remove everyone except myself for now, apply for my can, and then after I get the can, add them back? The logistics of getting everyone to closest kiosk for prints pictures would be awful.

I just drafted up an amendment. My Form 1 was approved.

Wait, what type of amendment? Are old trusts grandfathered or..?

Just drafted an amendment saying I was the sole responsible person on the trust and sent it in with my trust.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say old trusts being grandfathered in. Your current trust as it stands is fine. No one needs to do anything. However if you go to buy something new then you will either need to amend or have everyone get fingerprinted and pics taken.

Yes. You just make a quick amendment or do what your trust says to do, state you are sole trustee, submit, wait, shred.

Back
Top Bottom