• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6mm Creedmore / not 6.5

If I had to do it over I would have probably went 6.5cm, 6mm is a laser out to 7-800 but beyond that I'd want the weight to help with wind.... One bad wind call with a 6mm 800 or further and miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally agree, took my 6CM out to its first match this weekend and tried the "hold left edge" that everybody talked about. Wasn't happening, I still needed to have a good wind call and apply good DOPE. My next gun will be another 6.5 with 130s like my last one.

Totally agree, took my 6CM out to its first match this weekend and tried the "hold left edge" that everybody talked about. Wasn't happening, I still needed to have a good wind call and apply good DOPE. My next gun will be another 6.5 with 130s like my last one.

It's great out to 7-800 in mild wind, laser on elevation. Just not enough to buck the moderate winds. I didn't want to jump on the 6.5 band wagon. And I can't think of a cost effective 7mm that performs well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of velocity gain do you see in a 6.5 going from a 140 to the 130's?

What ever works best for you the shooter in the given situation is the end game.
I like 6cm for urban run and gun

6.5 addiction (improved swede....ish) for a field/barricade mix

300 norma for for goin long

The dasher will drive the 6mm vs 6.5 #'s in the top 10 shooter prs finale. I really wish the precisionrifleblog.com only used top 10 or top 20 numbers. The rest are details.

Back
Top Bottom