• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

I am so happy that I bought a used 2007 Toyota Tundra about 3 1/2 years ago for cash, the price was great and I have saved tens of thousands of dollars. There is no way in hell that I would ever buy a vehicle today, new & used prices are beyond insane.

Three of my buddy's recent purchases...all in their 50's
All are 2021 1 ton dualie diesels...loaded. $240K worth

trucks-jpg.3017163

Generally speaking that’s not how inflation works.

I agree, I really meant that I would be buying again when the market isn't against the buyer the way it is now. The lack of computer chips for vehicles isn't helping with the new car market, & I'm not really sure if it's the higher new car cost's or if it's the fact that everyone needs more money for their used stuff than ever before, I'm sure there's other factor's I haven't mentioned.

It just seems that after this "pandemic" started, prices for everything has risen & understandably so given manufacturing issues, but the used market has followed suit to a level that it's crazy to pay a premium for. If this situation is ever to occur again, let's call it a "Pandemic Inflation", it would be better for people to realize the outcome and know that the rise in prices won't be the new norm.

I believe once all of America starts working again, we'll start to see a rebound in the economy and prices leveling out again to more reasonable levels.

If you have a small business, and you should , then the cost of the pickups is tax deductible.
A buddy of mine buys a new fancy pickup every few years whenever his accountant tells him he’s either got to buy a pickup or pay the IRS a ton of money. his latest pickup he got last years was $66k
Said it hurt, that is cost more than a corvette, which he much would have preferred but a corvette isn’t tax deductible

Seems to be the desperate Cul-de-sac, suburban commandos are the ones buying them and Jeeps. Pathetic little people who want so bad to be someone else but realize they are stuck in their dismal suburban lives.

This becomes super evident on these holiday weekends like we just had. They flood our mountain towns to show off their codpieces.

Back
Top Bottom