• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

I've kept my 1997 7.3 dually longer than any other vehicle. With 186000 on it I'm probably keeping it a lot longer. I have noticed a lot of "Would you consider selling" questions coming at me the last couple of years. Folks just walk up and enquire while I'm in it.

I lucked out and found a 2004 GMC Sierra 4×4 with a camper top. It had 42,000 original miles and got it for 8,400 bucks. Looks and drives like a new truck. Perfect for me. I drag my boat to any lake and sleep in the back. The only thing wrong with it is the right speakers don't work all the time. Its a common problem so I am replacing all of the Alpines.
I wrecked my Ram and was opening a checking account. I mentioned how hard it was finding a nice used truck for a good price. She gave me a number of a truck they were going to buy but decided not to. So she introduced me to the guy. His kids had taken his keys because of his age. He barely drove it. It wasn't even being advertised so I scooped it up. I had looked at trucks till I blue in the face. Trucks with 150,000 miles on the were going for 10-12 grand and not even four wheel drive. It amazing how much trucks are selling for these days. You can buy a house in VA. For what they list for. Crazy!

If you're telling me you SELL that stuff, there ain't no tellin' what you convince those fools to buy....people been pulling campers, farm equipment, etc. for half a century and it didn't cost as much as some houses....
Got any leads on some nice houses for 75k? I’d be interested..

Maybe so but not now! I bet it didn’t cost 46k when it was built either. I get the argument that trucks are expensive but they’ve always been expensive. It’s relative.

If you're telling me you SELL that stuff, there ain't no tellin' what you convince those fools to buy....people been pulling campers, farm equipment, etc. for half a century and it didn't cost as much as some houses....
I dont convince them of anything, I just fill out the paperwork for what they request. Not everyone is poor!

Back
Top Bottom