• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$75,000 for a decently apportioned pickup?

Same people who buy their 16 year old kids brand new vehicles then send the little entitlement assholes out into public and we have to deal with them. Yeti, costa and salt life stickers included
Hey now, costa makes a damn fine pair of glasses. Had the same pair for almost 6 years and still going strong (besides the cracked lens thanks to my buddies dog biting them). Just ordered a new pair yesterday since they were 20% off.

2018 Tundra DC limited 38k in 2018, the same truck in the 2021 model year is 49k.

That is almost a 30% increase in 3 years.

Carmax is buying trucks for almost what people paid for them 3 years ago, great time to sell.

Are you ****ing insane? Keep buying this overpriced junk you idiot millennials and gen-Zs, and before long, you'll be walking to beg me for a loan. :lol:

poor.jpg

There are plenty of new trucks under $40k

What is an apportioned truck?

People walk to you and beg for a loan?

Generally speaking, I don't care how other people spend their money, but it's all relative. The money smart rule is not to let your car payment get over 10% of your monthly net (take-home) pay. Net pay should also factor in retirement, college savings, etc. The further you are from the 10%, the closer you are to "damn, I really can't afford this".

Boomers have better sense, frankly. The kind that buy them are like my former son-in-law....good jobs, nice houses and in the 40 YO range... A boomer would buy a new truck every 10-15 years at most....would await the first ding/scratch/dent and then get down to the real beauty of owning a truck - for its utility and not worry about washing and waxing that big phallus out in the driveway....
Not really, I hand over keys for 70k plus vehicles all day long to buyers well over 50. Most are pulling campers or farm equipment, the 40 and unders have construction businesses or heavy toys.

Not really, I hand over keys for 70k plus vehicles all day long to buyers well over 50. Most are pulling campers or farm equipment, the 40 and unders have construction businesses or heavy toys.
If you're telling me you SELL that stuff, there ain't no tellin' what you convince those fools to buy....people been pulling campers, farm equipment, etc. for half a century and it didn't cost as much as some houses....

I laugh people who have to buy the newest car/truck as status symbols, especially when they can’t really afford it. A car is a tool to get you from point A to B, safely and reliably. Folks with their jacked up 4x4’s who will never touch a dirt road and paying a mortgage payment size car note are stupid.

Of course, I’ve probably driven close to a million miles I my lifetime so I doubt many people would see it that way.

Back
Top Bottom