• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

84-Month Auto Loans Are Becoming More Common Because People Can't Stop Buying Trucks

Hate to sound condescending but someone who signs up for $1000/mo payment for 7 years on something that will be worth 30% of its original value at payoff and while still carrying a far-out mortgage is a certified dumbass- financially speaking, of course. Throw $1000/mo at your mortgage principal for 7 years and see how many years it shaves off the the term how many shiny new trucks worth it saves you in interest.

There was a time in this country when there was no such thing as a "mortgage" on a house. 5 year loan due in full. Yes you could refi but a 30 year loan was unheard of and when first proposed deemed financially irresponsible. We've certainly gone to the other extreme.

I don't have a car payment or a mortgage (I have a medical condition that apparently makes me allergic to debt) but last car I bought I got financing through the credit union for 5 years which I thought was absurd. Why did I do it? It was 0.9%. I did it gladly .

Back
Top Bottom